Search

Scottsdale/Mes

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2000, 05:27 AM
Patti B

Scottsdale/Mes

We plan to spend a night in the Phoenix area in July. I have read some negative things about Phoenix in this forum, but wondered if the Scottsdale and/or Mesa areas are safe and clean. Thanks

Old May 4th, 2000, 08:41 AM
hamlet

I spent a few nights in Scottsdale a year ago and it was extremely clean and seemed even safer! There was nobody out on the road, barely even a car, after 10pm.

Old May 4th, 2000, 09:24 AM
Betty

Have lived in PHX/Scottsdale for several years. Parts of PHX are very much like Scottsdale, safe, clean, nice residential areas, etc. These are primarily in east PHX (not coincidentally, right next to Scottsdale). Overall, PHX isn't someplace you'd want to stay on vacation UNLESS: you're at a downtown convention, you're at a resort which is sort of secluded (like the Pointes), you're in the immediate Biltmore area, or you're on the eastern side of town. Scottsdale has a different character, although not all of Scottsdale is 'nice and safe'. All the resorts are well positioned. Most everything north of Old Scottsdale (downtown) is fine.
I wouldn't seek out a lodging in Mesa unless you have family or business there.

Old May 4th, 2000, 01:27 PM
Elsa

I've spent quite a bit of time in Scottsdale over the last 3 yrs. and found it to be very safe. However, I wasn't out walking around by myself at night.

Mesa is quite a way from Scottsdale, which is fine if you want to go to the Mormon Temple or see something else on a day trip. I don't mean to say it will take the whole day to get there, but it's a jaunt through traffic etc. and who needs that if you plan to do things in the Scottsdale/PHX area.

Elsa

Old May 4th, 2000, 04:38 PM
Sheryl

The resorts in Scottsdale are dirt cheap during the summer. You could probably get a 4 star resort through Priceline or Expedia's Hotel Price Matcher for what you'd pay for a Holiday Inn or Best Western.

If you plan to use one of them, check out previous winning bids at the forum I host to discuss bidding at http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelinean...iabidding.html

And no, I'm not affiliated with either Priceline or Expedia.