Reload this Page >

5 DAY IN NEW YORK, ANY SUGGESTIONS

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2000, 06:54 PM
Karen Whitaker

I HAVE 5 DAYS IN NYC. WE ALREADY HAVE TIX FOR AIEDA AND WE'RE HOPING TO CATCH ONE MORE SHOW. ANY REVIEWS ON VAGINA MONOLOGUES?
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR HOT RESTAURANTS? WE LIKE SEAFOOD OR ANYTHING WOLFGANG PUCKISH.
THANKS

Old May 2nd, 2000, 07:23 PM
AlexM2474

I've been really down on the theatre lately, so I haven't been in a while, but I hear The Green Bird, Contact, and Kiss Me Kate are all excellent.

Make sure you check out the Met, the MOMA and the Whitney Biennial.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 04:58 AM
howard

Recommended seafood restaurant: Redeye Grill at 56th St. & 7th Ave. (Make reservations in advance.)
Musicals: Contact or Fosse(for either, only if you like dance); Kiss Me Kate) (an excellent revival); Chicago and Cabaret (still two of Broadway's best).
Straight plays: Dinner with Friends (off Broadway); A Moon for the Misbegotten (if you want serious drama).
The Vagina Monologues has been featuring celebrity casts, which change every 2-3 weeks.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 05:20 AM
Jane

Oceana - best seafood in NYC, 4 star and very expensive, but worth it.
Or go to the Blue Water Grill, great atmosphere and trendy. And in a great area.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 06:53 AM
cat

I used to live in NY, and the one thing I really miss (and used to take visitors to) is CHINATOWN. Try dim sum (up until ~1pm) at the New Oriental Pearl on Mott Street, just north of Canal. It is a great social-dining experience - large tables which you may share with others, etc. There is also a great Tea shop on Mott just south of Canal, where they give out free samples and charge by-the-pound. Also, for cheap Chinese soaps,lanterns,slippers, etc. try Pearl River emporium on 277 Canal street.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 08:51 AM
lisa

"Vagina Monologues" was excellent if you like offbeat, thought-provoking stuff. I saw it when the playwright performed it herself though, not with a celebrity cast, so maybe it depends on who's doing it. By the way, I took my boyfriend to see it, and he enjoyed it a lot too.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 08:54 AM
Jennifer

True West is on Broadway and is fabulous. The Vagina Monologues is also very good, and as someone already wrote, is having celebrities perform it. Kiss Me Kate is also very good.

Old May 4th, 2000, 05:13 PM
tweedy

Aieda has gotten rave reviews so you should really enjoy it. Since you will be here for a few days, so to the World Trade Center to the TKTS booth for tickes. We saw Annie Get Your Gun recently and Patrice Stewart in Ride Down Mt. Morgan.

TKTS is a NYC gem.

If you need any suggestions on restaurants or anthing else, please let me know.

tweedy