savannah - priceline

Search

savannah - priceline

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
savannah - priceline

We are planning a REAL QUICK trip to Savannah this weekend and I'm going to play the Priceline game. Could you please tell me the best area to stay in for Priceline bidding?
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 05:37 PM

Go to www.betterbidding.com to figure out how the process works.
The best place to stay in Savannah is the Historic District.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 05:39 PM

If you are coming to see the Historic District....then that's the area you want.

If you are just coming to see relatives or something the Midtown area would be a better bet and less expensive.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 05:45 PM

I like biddingfortravel.com. We got the Hyatt over President's Weekend, right on the river, and right downtown for a very reasonable price. I went on priceline and got it for $95 a night and with taxes & fees, it came out to $111 a night or $333 for the weekend.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 06:25 PM

Just looked at hotel list and areas on biddingfortravel. You got good advice above. What I can add is that the hotels listed on that site for Historic District are all OK with the exception of the one that is listed as "formerly Radisson" - I just can't place that hotel.

To save money, you could do Midtown area - and I can visualize all those hotels (although have not been inside all of them) and they also seem fine. Midtown is not in the middle of any town but rather an area along a 2 lane roadway populated with strip malls, one large mall and every big box store and chain restaurant you have ever heard of. It is about a 10 minute drive to Historic District. Not scenic, but cheap and convenient.

My guess is that Priceline for Historic District would cost about the same as normal rates in Midtown, so take your pick.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 05:29 AM
Jed

Two weeks ago I got the Hyatt Regency Historic District for $71 for three days in May. Someone got it for $65 the week after I did. Of course, the acceptance price varies with the dates wanted.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help! My problem is the hotels are not available for all dates needed I'm sure it will all work out fine. Thanks again.
Old Mar 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

well i've had to settle for the marriot residence about 4 miles from this history district. I'll contniue to check when we get there for cancellations IN the historic district, but everything is booked or WAY out of budget. Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Well, we "settled" for the Marriott Residence Inn and it was GREAT! They served complimentary hot b'fast each morning and have a "happy hour" most evenings with salad or snacks and wine or other drinks. The location was great. About 4-5 miles from the historic district - either by way of White Bluff which turns into Bull Street, or Abercorn, either of which run directly into the historic district. Had lunch at Mrs. Wilkes - need I say more -- and had dinner at Lady & Sons (Paula Deen) which we knew nothing about, but which was very good. Mrs. Wilkes is definitely an experience. Thanks for the input on Priceline, but we were not able to use it.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 03:18 AM

That area is considered Midtown - and we have found it a good alternative for less expensive accomdations on several times/year trips to Savannah. Glad it worked out.