COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Savannah in Late March

Old Jan 9th, 2020, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Savannah in Late March

My husband and I have booked a flight to Savannah at the end of March for four nights. We arrive early in the morning on Saturday and are flying out in the late afternoon on a Wednesday. I am trying to decide if we should spend all four nights in the city or if we should visit one of the barrier islands for an overnight or two. Any recommendations for great restaurants, bars, and activities in Savannah would also be greatly appreciated. We decided on a mini-escape to Savannah after a very enjoyable long weekend in Charleston last June.
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 11:13 AM

I would stay in Savannah all 4 nights. You can day trip to the islands if you want to visit. We have been many times to Savannah and have day tripped to Tybee and Hilton Head. Both were very underwhelming and would not want to spend more than a couple hours there. Some of our favorite bars are Ally Cat lounge, Jen's martini bar, and Jazz'd. Restaurants include The Olde Pink house, Mrs. Wilkes, Goose Feathers, Corleones, Sorry Charlies, and Vinnie Van GoGos.
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 12:29 PM

We are going again after a 2-year absence for St Patrick's day this year. Spending three nights on Bay St on the parade route. We are going to make reservations since there are four of us and they do have some new places we want to try. The Collins Quarter looks interesting. I want to eat at Atlantic and Cotton and Rye looks interesting. The Grey is one place we are going for drinks. It was a former Greyhound station. My friend's brother totally renovated the one in their city and it is a good place to eat and drink. We wanted to take pictures for him.

A day trip to Tybee is fun. Stop at the Bonaventure cemetery. The breakfast Club or Sunrise Resturant is great for breakfast on Tybee,
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 07:55 PM

Agree with gmoney to stay all four days in Savannah. We were just there last month for three nights and really had a good time. We drove to Tybee one afternoon and were underwhelmed, granted it was December so there wasn’t much going on.

Restaurants we liked were Pink House, Mrs. Wilkes and especially Elizabeth’s on 37th. We stayed at the Embassy Suites and also liked the restaurant there, 39 Rue de Jean.

We flew in and out of Charleston and spent our final night in Beaufort which we found to be a really cute town.
Old Jan 10th, 2020, 04:12 AM

And read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil before going, just for an extra kick!! LOL