Savannah in 3 weeks - where to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on visiting my daughter in Georgia in 3 weeks, and have planned to meet her in Savannah. Where do we stay that is convenient to the downtown historic district without those downtown historic district prices? I will be flying in, she will be driving up from Brunswick, so she will have a car. Also, tips on restaurants in the downtown area please....and what do we see Sat and Sunday? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

ttttt
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 09:28 AM

I suggest you try a search titled Savannah lodging as many here have posted info about their favorite historic inns in Savannah.

Second, I do not know how long you have been posting here, but it almost always takes longer than 30 minutes to get a response or 2 - be patient and I am sure you will get answers.

Thirs, we like Hampton Inn Historic District and have found it to be reasonable when compared to other city's hotels. But if you want to save some money, there are some decent hotels in area called "Midtown" which is a few miles from Historic District on Abercorn. Parking will be free at hotel. Every chain hotel I can think of is represented - we have stayed at several and gone to tripadvisor.com to check them out as we like to try new places. Only really bad place is Days Inn Midtown area.

And Midtown has nothing to do with being in the middle of a town - it is an area with 2 lane each direction raodway with every chain big box store, a mall, chain restaurants, etc. But perfectly safe place to stay and save some money, though you will have to drive back to Historic District - bus service exists but is not all that great.

Have a nice trip - our son is in school in Savannah and we love it.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 09:41 AM

I recently received an e-mail about specials at Mansion on Forsyth Park for around $139 per night. Not sure if it's still available. We stayed there last year and it was WONDERFUL.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Ani

We had a family reunion in Savannah last April and stayed at the Mulberry, just across the street from the Riverfront. It was wonderful and I believe had great rates. Here's a link
http://www.savannahhotel.com/