Search

Savannah GA Wedding

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 02:28 PM
tom

Savannah GA Wedding

My fiancee got engaged in Savannah and would now like to get married there. Such a beautiful town and great people. Does anyone here, locals or not, have any reccommendations for a wedding in this beautiful city?!

Thanks,
Tom

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 03:37 PM
Olive Oyl

Forsyth Park by the fountain is the most beautiful site for an outdoor ceremony. Lots of weddings are held there so if you are getting married during a popular month, you need to reserve early (through the Parks Dept, I believe it was, but anyone in city govt can tell you for certain). Our daughter's was going to be held there as well...then we got transferred.

One of the squares (Whitefield?) has a gazebo, which we scouted out as well, then decided that Forsyth Park really was the most spectacular of all the locations. Your fiance can arrive by horse drawn carriage, and you all can leave the same way, tres romantic.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 03:37 PM
harriett

You might try contacting their Chamber of Commerce for ideas -- the Chamber at Brunswick/Golden Isles/St Simons Island (just south of Savannah) has an entire brochure with suggestions for locations for weddings, caterers, available churches/musicians etc, and I would anticipate that Savannah would have something similar.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 04:17 AM
KK

Hi Tom - I got married on St. Simons island a couple of years ago and I am from the Golden Isles area. The best place to start is with the chamber of commerce; they should have all of the information you need. Also if you are getting married outdoors, you might want to consider the time of year vs hurricane season. During the summer it is very, very humid and hot.

If you want to get married indoors, there are alot of churches, parks, and hotels to choose from. It just depends on where you want to get married - River St, on the Squares, or on the beach.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 04:42 AM
Olive Oyl

Ooooh boy. Don't get married on River St!