Reload this Page >

Skiing at Loveland (Colorado)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 06:14 AM
Sharon

We are planning to go skiing at Loveland (outside Denver) over Christmas this year. Anybody have suggestions on where to stay around there (condos, etc.)? Thanks!

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 06:30 AM
betsy

Hi Sharon-
I skied Loveland in March and had a blast! It's not a "destination resort" type ski area-therefore, there are no hotels, condo's, shops or restaraunts at it's base and doesnt draw the kind of crowds that it's neighbors do!. We stayed in Frisco at the Best Western, about 15 or so minutes from Loveland Ski Area. There are plenty of hotels and condos in the Frisco/Dillon/Silverthorne

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 06:33 AM
betsy

OOps-I accidently hit "post" before I was done! Anyway, the Dillon/Frisco/Silverthorne area (aka Summit County) is probably your best bet for finding what type of lodging you are looking for. Hope this helps!

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Sharon

Thanks, Betsy, we'll look in that direction. I agree with you about Loveland - pure skiing without the pretense and lines! I love it there!

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 03:55 PM
Anne

Sharon,
People that live in Denver like to go to Loveland for a day of skiing when they don't have time to go further on up I70 to the other resorts on the other side of the Loveland tunnel. The areas that betsy recommends are west of Loveland and through the tunnel and down a big mountain, which can get very congested with weekend traffic. Might I suggest you consider Georgetown which is about 10 miles east of Loveland and is a very quaint Victorian Town that goes all out with Christmas ambiance. I'm sure you could find a condo there.
Good Luck,
Anne

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 05:21 AM
Sharon

Thanks, Anne - we have driven by Georgetown on the way up from Denver and it does look like a nice little town. Thanks again for the suggestion! Sharon