Reload this Page >

Saturday Night Loserville........

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:05 PM
GoTravel

It was a gorgeous day on the beach today and I spent it inside dicking around with my new digital camera (happy b-day from sis), my iPod (thank you Geek Squad! Who knew the hard drive can crash in an iPod?), and working on a manicure and pedicure.

I'm playing golf all day tomorrow in tournament and I'm staring at my favorite golf skirt that is wadded up in a ball in the dirty clothes pile.

Even bigger loserville is a bottle of ice cold pinot noir looks so delish in the fridge that I'll probably drink it all.

Did I mention I'm alone? Isn't that the first sign of being a lush? Drinking alone?

Or is it posting on a travel message board about what a loser I am?

BTW, does anyone know much about digital cameras?

Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"BTW, does anyone know much about digital cameras?"

No. When you learn something let me know. We just bought a new digital camera last weekend. Did yours come with an instruction book as big as the Bible??? Yikes!

It's friggin raining here...AGAIN! More of the same tomorrow. Hope to get to the beach on Monday.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Well, here we are again. I am sitting here waiting for "Dancing with Dogs". Unless Plushy comes in with his plaid Jeff Gordon capris, I may be tonight's winner.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:12 PM

"Dancing with Dogs"...Wow, now that's something to get excited about, LOL
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Well I just got finished watching "Failure to Launch" with the DH. All through the movie he kept saying "Can't you see our son doing this?". Yea, just want I want to hear! Geez.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:17 PM
GoTravel

I already looked for Failure To Launch on Movies on Demand because I'm too lazy to drive to Blockbuster or join Netflix.

What is 'Dancing With Dogs'?

Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM

Please cmcfong, don't be a hold out.

So that you don't think that I am always in Loserville on a Saturday nite, I'm a bit under the weather. Some sort of flu bug.

Otherwise, I'd be out painting the town red, and having a grand ole....

Well, I don't want to brag or anything, LOL.

House Hunters, anyone?
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:23 PM

"Dancing with Dogs' is a new sport for dogs and owners. Apparently Animal Planet has a whole show devoted to it at 8:00 tonight. I have taught one of my dogs to do the Hokey Pokey (she is a therapy dog and the kids and elderly folks we visit love to see this) but we need to move on. I am thinking salsa with some of GoT's ipod tunes.....
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:26 PM

I was transfixed on the show "What Not To Wear". It's sad and comical at the same time. Remember stirrup pants?
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:28 PM

I LOVE CLINTON AND STACY! I am a loser.....
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:29 PM

I'll join y'all in Loserville tonight. DH is working until 11 p.m. (although we might go out then) and I'm technically working from home...at least until my crude oil ship starts loading in the next hour or so. I'll be sending her up to you East Coasters for refining tomorrow.

So, I sit here with my laptop, in front of the TV, contemplating a poison on the patio soon, but have none here at home. Guess I might have to make a poison run or else join GoTravel with her bottle of Pinot Noir.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:32 PM

Hi, ladies! Just checking in between our usual Saturday afternoon trip to Borders and, I hope, eventually going out for dinner. My husband always listens to Prarie Home Companion. And, unfortunately, it's now followed by some local music critics show that he likes as well. So I'm not going anywhere for a while! Except possibly to the grocery store for a couple of things I realized we need. Now, can you really get much more "loserly" than the grocery store on Saturday night?!
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:33 PM

Statia, I'm sorry, you can't technically be a "loser" if you can actually go out with your husband at 11pm! D So you'll have to settle and be a pseudo-loser, LOL.

cmcfong, did you see Kelly's makeover today?? Wasn't that amazing?
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:34 PM

My daughter loves What Not to Wear! We give her a hard time about her addiction to TLC. But, I have to confess, I've gotten rather fond of that show myself!
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:35 PM

I saw Kelly's makeover last night. Sadly I am a doubleheader loser this weekend.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:35 PM

Hi CAPH. I feel that since I've watched a few episodes of "A Baby's Story" I can competently deliver a baby at any time.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:37 PM

Hope you won't be offended by my saying thanks for the laugh, STW!
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:44 PM

But, seetheworld, I wanna be a real loser! How 'bout if I stay home tonight. Will I qualify then?
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:48 PM

Well I'll join the club too. It was an absolutely gorgeous day in central Indiana. Low humidity and 80 for a high, just about perfect.

I mowed. I pulled up oak saplings from the gazillion acorns that fell last fall. I stained a baby gate to put across my porch entrance to keep the "nephew" dog in when my brother visits.

It's finally cocktail hour so I shook myself up a good ole VO Manhattan. I'm drinking alone. Though there are the voices in my head and my internet buddies... I live in the boondocks. I infinitely prefer drinking alone to driving 35 minutes to the closest bar, drinking, then driving back. Just say no to drinking and driving.

I don't know much about digital cameras yet GoT. Found out enough it's going to cost me a new computer to go digital. I need USB 2.0 and a DVD burner. Might as well buy new rather than pay the money to upgrade.

"Technology is Evil." Words to live by.
Old Jun 24th, 2006, 02:49 PM

Well, Statia, let me think....
Do you believe that I could competently deliver a baby? EhHem, apparently that makes some people laugh on these boards. Wink Wink

I hope so. I would hate to think that all of those hours of TLC watching would be a waste because then I would be classified a LOSER!

Gosh, I need to rest now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -