Search

Santa Fe Hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2001, 05:44 PM
Elaine

Santa Fe Hotels

We're planning our first trip to Santa Fe in September. Does anyone know anything about the Santa Fe Budget Inn, Santa Fe Plaza Travelodge or Garrett's Desert Inn?

Thanks!

Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:55 PM
paul

There are three basic areas for hotel rental in Santa Fe: 1) directly adjacent to the Plaza; 2) within walking distance of the Plaza; and 3) a short drive to the plaza on Cerrillos Rd. The least expensive accomadations are on Cerrillos Rd and they are generally chain motels. I think that the ones you have mentioned are along that road. You will get a better Santa Fe experience if you stay around the Plaza but the cost will be more. I would suggest that you add to your post about how much you want to spend for a room and you may get some very good hotel suggestions. If you stay along Cerrilos, the rooms will be about $50 -$60 and you get a good basic hotel room that could be anywhere in America.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 04:40 AM
J T Kirk

To me, the neat thing about Santa Fe is walking around all the streets. So, staying in a hotel on or near the Plaza helps in that regard. But, yes, they will be a bit more expensive.
The hotels on Cerrillos Rd (which is a loonnggg road) are less expensive, but, depending on where they are on Cerrillos, you may have to drive to the Plaza. The Santa Fe Plaza Travelodge, I think, is only about 5-6 blocks from the Plaza. I'm not sure about the other two. By the way, September is a great time to go to Santa Fe. Have fun.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 04:47 AM
texasgirl

hi, i agree that being within wlking distance of plaza is desirable for SF. if budget is a consideration (it usually is for me!) you might also consider a b&b close in.
I think the one i stayed at was el parador (someone help me here?) and it was more like a little inn, 13 or 14 rooms; i think i paid about $75 for a single.

Old May 4th, 2001, 01:30 PM
hans

I'd check the Inn of the Governors - about 3 blocks from the Plaza and a wide range of prices in the rooms. The annex (it's called something like that) has nice motel like rooms and it's actually just another wing - not a separate "cheap" building.

Old May 7th, 2001, 09:16 AM
chuck

My wife & I stayed at the El Rey, which is about 10 minutes from the plaza by car. We stayed there to hold costs down, and the hotel (with southwestern decor) exceeded our expectations for budget accomodations. Also, the short drive into "town" was never a problem nor was parking--in late September).