Reload this Page >

Sanibel Thanksg. Dinner ???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 07:09 PM
Carla

My husband and I will be on Sanibel for Thanksgiving, and would like to get good recommendations for a special place !
We have not been back to Sanibel for 6 yrs. and don't know all the newer restaurants.
What would be a good choice? Years ago Chadwick was one, and our favorite Nutmeg House, but that is no longer there, unfortunately.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Gretchen

What about the Rainbow Room?

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 02:50 AM
sharon

There is no Rainbow Room but there is the Bubble Room which would not be a good choice for Thanksgiving. Chadwicks still does the big Thanksgiving Buffet but I am sort of disappointed lately by the quality there. Maybe just off season blues but we felt it was not very good. Windows on the Water on Sanibel would be a good choice. It's at the Sundial Resort. You might also consider going "off-island" for this meal and venturing to Fort Myers to Bistro 41 or to the Veranda for an old south style Thanksgiving. You can check out Zagat for more recommendations but know that they have Sanibel restaurants listed under Orlando neighborhoods (give them a map!)

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Carla

Thanks for the tips !
I located and printed out Bistro 41, but Zagat had no listing for Veranda. I remember seeing their ad years ago, never went, but maybe they have changed hands. I recall a Sun. Brunch at Windows years ago. A good possibility.
Yes, we agree about Chadwick's !
I appreciate your input !

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 06:57 AM
Carla

Any other suggestions out there ???
Also - will drive to Naples one day. Any good places for lunch ? something attractive AND good food !

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 02:43 PM
tracy

Hi, we are going to be in the Sarasota area over Thanksgiving...anyone that could comment on resturants in that area would be great...considering Longboat Key and or the St. Pete area???thanks!

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:21 PM
Jim

Try Chez Le Bear at the Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa (it's before the bridge). Reservations required, dress code enforced.