Search

Sanibel, Fla. Condos?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2003, 02:18 PM
MSS
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sanibel, Fla. Condos?

Anyone aware of any condo's that can be rented per night vs a whole week or more in Sanibel? Found a few but they are taken already for our dates. Prefer condo to resort and don't have 7 days to stay this particular vacation. Need 4 nights. Thanks!
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 02:43 PM
dln

Try the Sanibel Moorings (www.sanibelmoorings.com) They have daily rentals. This is is a beautifully landscaped complex. They even have an on-site horticulturalist who looks after the place and gives tours on Tuesday. There are two pools and you can rent either beachside or across the road. We've stayed there and found it very enjoyable.

Old Jul 14th, 2003, 03:00 PM
rf299

Casa Ybel will rent by the night providing you rent the one bedroom units, not the two. Even the one bedroom units hold a family though, as there are two queen beds in the bedroom and a fold out sleep sofa in the living room.

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 06:19 PM
MSS
Original Poster

Thanks for the info - does Sanibel Moorings offer a hot tub also? Looked like there is one from the picture of the pool. Tnanks again. I better book quick as there is only one left!
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 07:07 PM
dln

I'm sorry but I don't remember if they do or not! You could call, though. The people who run the Moorings are very friendly and helpful. They'd let you know in a jiff.

Old Jul 17th, 2003, 07:17 AM
MSS
Original Poster

Thanks, dln, for the information. After much consideration, we have booked with the Sanibel Moorings. It was between that and Song of the Sea, which we love to stay at, but ended up being totally booked. (Shouldn't have waited till the last minute),Actually would you be able to let me know what resort is nearby? The desk clerk said you can walk to the nearby resort for snacks and drinks and I forgot to ask her what the name of it was. The other place we have stayed on the islands is South Seas Resort. Looking forwad to our stay next week!
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 08:16 AM
dln

MSS, the closest resort on foot is the Sundial at 1501 Middle Gulf Drive. Walk down the beach in the direction away from the Lighthouse. They have a deli, cafe, and restaurants on their grounds. If you want to walk a bit farther, you'll come to Casa Ybel, which I think is a bit more elegant. However, it's also more of a hike to get to from the Moorings!

Have a great time--we're off to St. Pete Beach on Saturday for our "beach fix."

Old Jul 17th, 2003, 08:28 AM
MSS
Original Poster

dln,
Enjoy your stay in St.Pete. Love the restaurants and sand in that area, and thanks so much for all your help!
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 08:33 AM
dln

You're welcome, MSS.