Search

Sanibal Island

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 05:03 PM
Paul G.

Sanibal Island

Looking for the perfect beach resort on Sanibel Island. Want a resort with great rooms on an uncrowded beach whose view of the horizon is unobstruted.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 06:44 AM
Larry

Try South Seas Plantation on Captiva.
view one at www.captivavacation.com

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 11:26 AM
ELYSE

Just got back from Sanibel (1st trip) was quite disappointed with the beach. So much seaweed and junk on the beach. (yes I know it is supposed to be in its natural state) but I'm sorry I like going barefoot, not having to wear shoes so my feet don't get torn up. Captiva looked prettier to me, but did not actually walk on the beach there.

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 02:07 PM
cmcdaniel

Seaweed comes and goes...too bad you had it. You can go other times and there will be none, just pristine beach and we've had one stay where our beach was fine, but one further up the island had not just seaweed, but prickly pear cactus washed up as well. Talk about hazardous walking!

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 03:22 PM
trish

Just got back from this area. We stayed in Fort Myers Beach but loved Sanibel/Captiva. We went to south seas plantation on a dolphin cruise that was wonderful. The resort was very nice, at very end of island in Captiva. They have alot there for families. Also they have trolley cars that take you back and forth to the beach, restaurants, tennis courts, etc. Really a nice place. We also dined at Windows on the Water at the Sundial Resort which is affiliated with South Seas and this resort we really liked, much closer when you get over the bridge and enter into Sanibel than Captiva. Smaller than South Seas and right on the beach. The restaurant was very nice, went there for Easter Sunday Brunch. We liked both resorts very much. Any other questions just post and I'll try to help.

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 05:19 PM
robbin

Try Casa Ybel in Sanibel.