Search

Sandiego in 3 days?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 01:01 AM
brendan

Sandiego in 3 days?

I'm travelling to Sandiego in October and will be spending 3 days there, then heading up to Anaheim. Can somebody give me an idea of what to do and where to go. Staying at the Balboa Inn (4 adults).

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 01:52 AM
brendan

Just a change to the previous message, will be in Sandiego in November, if it really matters.

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 03:51 AM
Donna

We visited San Diego in Jan and the weather was beautiful. I always enjoy the trolley tours. We also went out to the Hotel Coronado and walked on the beach. I liked Old Town the best. The zoo is very nice. My husband thought the air and space museum was better than in DC and less crowded. My son and husband also went on a whale watch which they liked very much.

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 04:04 AM
SDSam

I live in San Diego. Actually November can make a little difference as you are starting to get into our rainy season. October is the best month of the year. Usually November is pretty good so don't worry about it.

Visit downtown San Diego. It is a great place for walking. Walk along the waterfront, visit the Gaslamp area, Horton Plaza, Seaport Village, etc. All of these places are within normal walking distance in downtown San Diego. Do NOT walk above 6th. It is not particularly dangerous but is gets a little seedy and there is nothing to see up there.

A visit to the Hotel Del Coronado is an excellent idea. Take the ferry from the foot of Broadway ( right next to the pier ) to Coronado. You will get a great view of the city from the water. You can walk ( approx. 1 mile ) from the ferry terminus in Coronado to the Hotel Del Coronado. You walk along Orange Ave. Coronado is a delightful area and very safe. There are busses and taxis if you are not up to the walk. There is a great Mexican restaurant "Miguel's Cocina" across the street from the Hotel Dell Coronado. I highly recommend it for its excellent food, ambience and very reasonable prices.

You have the usual tourist stuff like the zoo, Sea World, etc.

Old Oct 1st, 1999, 06:05 AM
Paul Rabe

Absolutely visit Balboa Park. The Zoo alone would be worth a visit; the other buildings / gardens / museums make this a must see. The Wild Animal Park is another place to go. Busch-Scripps Institute is education, NOT entertainment, about the ocean. La Jolla Caves are a nice place to wander around. Cabrillo Nat Mon has some nice views of the city, but note that it absolutely closes at 5 pm.