San Juan Islands - Cabins

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 10:23 AM
Tania

Dear All,

Can anyone please help with the above request? I'm looking for a lovely/romantic cabin which looks out onto spectacular water views - (preferably one that is (physically)situated as close to the water as possible.) On one of the San Juan Islands. Never having visitd the area, I would be grateful if somone(s) could recommend accomodation, one of the islands, or even both. Thanks and Regards.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 11:30 AM
Lee A/T

Been to Roche Harbour on San Juan island. Very nice!!!! We stayed in one of the condos, it was not on the water but close. The old lodge rooms probably have a water view. Great restaurant. It is a perfect place to totally relax. Enjoy your trip. Lee in Austin,Tejas

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 11:52 AM
Tony

Try the Rosario Resort on Orcas Island.

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 07:52 PM
Jayne

Hi

On Orca Island

http://www.islandcabins.com/point/

Depending on the time of year you are planning to go - I would suggest you check that there is adequate heating in the cabins..

More island info:
http://seattle.citysearch.com/feature/10300/

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:23 PM
Jayne

Also I thought I would add a map of Orca..

The Rosario Resort looks truly stunning and is overlooking open water...

The cabins, however, are situated within the East Sound

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 07:51 AM
Tania

Big "Thank You" to all who answered, I can now do my research in a "calm and dignified" fashion! Thanks and Regards.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 09:10 AM
jcb

Check out the Anchorage Inn in Eastsound on Orcas Island - www.anchorageonorcas.com. It's a beautiful property - very romantic.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 08:38 AM
sheri

I think Cabins on the Point on Orcas Island would fit your criteria best. They have two or three lovely, cozy "perfect for a honeymoon" cabins on a point of land jutting out into the water. I don't know their website address, but I'm sure you could find it doing a search on Yahoo or Google.

Rosario does have a wonderful waterfront location, but it's a big resort and doesn't have "romantic cabins" (it's also very overrated, IMO).

Anchorage Inn is very nice, but it's not cabins.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Geoff

Went on my honeymoon to Rosario Resort. Absolutely loved it. Wonderful place to stay.