San Francisco Weekend Advise

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Francisco Weekend Advise

Planning a San Francisco weekend in mid-April for a Saturday wedding. Have visited once before and have dined at Gary Danko's (wonderful dinner), toured Alcatraz, Haight Ashbury and Fisherman's Wharf. Would really appreciate a suggestion for dinner Friday night (similar to the dining experience at Gary Danko) as well as any other things that we should see/do on either Friday or Sunday. This board is so very helpful and look forward to any posts!
Thank you.
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 06:21 AM

I can't think of anything quite like Gary Danko, but my favorite high end dining experiences in SF have been at Boulevard and at Farallon. A lunch at the Slanted Door at the Ferry Building would be wonderful (you need to make reservations very soon for April!) and a stroll through the building and market itself is fun.

The new deYoung museum in Golden Gate Park is a wonderful place -- don't miss the observation tower at the top. In nice weather we love going by ferry to Sausalito and sitting on the waterfront at the Spinaker -- fun for Sunday brunch?

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, NeoPatrick. Do you suggest the Spinaker for Sunday brunch? The ferry to Sausalito sounds like a great idea. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.

Would love to hear any other ideas!
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 07:54 AM

La Folie (my choice), Masa's, Fifth Floor are probably all similar to Gary Danko, and a notch up from Boulevard and Farallon both in food and price.
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 11:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A few years back for my birthday, DH & I went out to GG Park. Took in the Conservatory of Flowers & Japanese Tea Garden. (DeYoung was under construction). We then drove out to the beach & had cocktails & pupus at the Cliff House. Drove to Palace of Legion of Honor, Seacliff area, Fort Point, & Palace of Fine Arts. DH had never been to any of these areas and he grew up less than 2 hrs. away. We had dinner at Ana Mandara in Ghiradelli Square. Very good, but had a bad table.

Have fun,

MY