San Francisco : Tiburon vs. Sausalito

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:18 AM
mike

Hello,
Will need advise on which is better place to go given limited time, Tiburon or Sausalito?

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Neil

Perhaps I missed something in Tiburon, but there's more to do and see in Sausalito than Tiburon, although Sausalito is definitely more touristy.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:18 AM
xxx

Take the ferry over to Sausilito. It's an easy little town to walk around and by taking the ferry you don't have to hassle with parking. Yes, it's touristy, but has it's charms. Plenty of little restaurants to choose from.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Christa

Sausalito !

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 11:40 AM
gail

Sausalito has more shopping and places to stroll and watch the water.I like the quirky little shops there. It is more lively that Tiburon.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 12:00 PM
kam

Yes, Sausalito, although Tiburon does have a wonderful Mexican restaurant called Guyamas with great views.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Nina

Sausalito. It is a wonderful little town, but go on a weekday if possible. It is a madhouse on weekends, especially Sundays.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:51 PM
mike

thanks for all the reply, looking forward to our april 2002 visit to San Francisco.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Faina

The drive from Tiburon to the city is so much longer, you'll be glad to stay in Sausalito.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 06:40 PM
kam

Faina, I guess we all anticipated that they would take a ferry to either Sausalito or Tiburon.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 10:56 PM
janis

The main advantage to Tiburon (besides Guyamas) is it is the access point to Angel Island. If you want the BEST views in the Bay area take the 5 minuts ferry from Tiburon to Angel Island. You will see all the bridges, Alcatraz, all of SF, Berkeley, etc. I love walking around Angel Island!

If you just want to eat then Sausalito is great - but for scenery Tiburon/Angel Island is better. The ferry from SF is timed perfectly to have time for a margarita at Guyammas before you catch the launch over to the island. And the return trip is coordinated as well.