Notices

Emergency Honeymoon Help

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Casey

Emergency Honeymoon Help

Hey Fodorites,
You have been so helpful to us and now we really need your advice. We had a dream honeymoon planned - eight days at the Princeville Resort in Kauai, a night in Hana, three days at the Four Seasons in Wailea. Great right? Well, we just received some even better news - my fiance just got a job for one year in Hawaii starting a few weeks after our wedding. So, we do not want to go there for our honeymoon as we will be able to visit all of those resorts while we are there. So, what else should we do?

We just returned from a week travelling the west coast a month ago, so we have done that. We have travelled on the East Coast extensively. And, we are thinking that since we have a year of beach, we should do something besides a beach resort. Any ideas?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Susan

Go to Europe! Italy, France, Greece! If you are moving to Hawaii it will be that much more expensive to get to Europe and I guarantee you will have a honeymoon you'll remember the rest of your lives.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 03:22 PM
kam

What time of year? How about a small boat cruise to Alaska? When you were out here in the west did you go to Seattle, Oregon, Vancouver, Victoria? Does that interest you? Much different from Hawaii.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Casey

We went to Oregon, Seattle, Vancouver last month and loved it. Alaska is a possibility, but i just looked into cruises and there weren't that many that would work. We are only going for one year to Hawaii, and have been to Europe but would still consider that. Any others?

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 04:18 PM
ah Paree

Paris!!!Loved it & it was romantic (even with an old grump like my husband)

We went in March & it was nice, but I hear late Spring & early summer is gorgeous with all flowers in Bloom throughout Paris & at Givernnay (SP) & Versaille

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Sandy

How about the romantic Paradores in Spain? That would be a fun and unique trip.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Mare

Have you been to the Canadian Rockies? I spent two weeks exploring Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper areas...enjoyed it so much I'm planning to go back this September.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:57 PM
A.M.

I suggest you go to Quebec City, possibly the most romantic city in North America.
A.M.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 11:13 PM
yada

how about costa rica? or the carribean?
maybe jamaica or ...how about nyc?