San Francisco Muni Pass

Search

San Francisco Muni Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Francisco Muni Pass

I think that when I was in San Francisco last fall I bought a muni pass that was good for 5? days and I just scrtached off the dates I was using it on the card. They did not have to be consecutive. Have the Muni passes changed since last fall? I was just looking at the web site today and I was seeing either a 3 or 7 consecutive day pass - no 5 day option or for use on a limited number of days, not necessarily consecutive. Has anyone purchased one of these passes recently? Thanks! Sue
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 10:56 AM

It depends where you buy them - from MUNI directly, or from Visitors' center.

Hold on, let me check.
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 10:59 AM

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/passes.htm

Weekly pass: Good for one week, from Monday through Sunday. Valid for unlimited use on all Muni lines. Cost is $15 for each week. There are no senior, disabled, or youth weekly passes. You must pay an additional $1 to ride the cable cars.

All-Day passport: Sold only on cable cars. Valid for unlimited use on cable cars until midnight of the day sold. Cost is $11. There are no discounts for senior, disabled, or youth on this pass. Similar to 1-Day Passport.

ONE, THREE AND 7 DAYS PASSPORTS

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/passports.htm
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:01 AM

Yep, found your 3-days here:

http://www.onlyinsanfrancisco.com/in...ion/faq.asp?#3

"Is there a discount transit pass?"
Muni offers three discount transit passes, subject to availability. All can be purchased at the Visitor Information Center at 900 Market Street, downstairs from the Powell/Market cable car terminal. Just walk to Powell and Market. The banners hanging above the cable car terminal will point you to the Center.

The Muni Passports include the cable cars, Muni buses, Muni Metro and the F-Market streetcars. You can travel anywhere within San Francisco with the Passport. In addition, you will receive savings on your entrance fees at most city museums and many of our city's attractions when you show your Muni Passport.

One-day Passport $11
Three-day Passport $18
Seven-day Passport $24
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:02 AM

My mistake, you asked for a 5-day pass, I "found" 3 days

It seems, no more 5-day passes.
Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info FainaAgain - I must be confused about what I purchased in the fall - the website seems to indicate that the current fares have been in use since 2005.
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM

The $24 is a bargain - we got our money's worth within 2 days. 2 round trips is is $20 [4 x $5]. We went everywhere using the 7 day pass [bus, trolley, cable car]. Money well spent. And yes, the days have to be consecutive. The drivers really don't exam the passes, you just kind of flash them but I wouldn't try to space the rides out as I would die of embarrassment if I got caught trying to extend the time by doing random days.
Deb
Old Jun 21st, 2008, 05:32 PM

Well, when we were there last week, just about every cable car drive examined the passes very closely, but not the muni bus drivers. But rightly so, the cable car conductors did check for the proper dates on the passes. Only a few people slipped by that we could tell in the middle or near the end of the ride.