Search

San Francisco hotel - Buena Vista

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Francisco hotel - Buena Vista

Hello
Traveling to SF in May 08 ... does anyone have an opinion to offer on the Buena Vista (on Lombard)?
Thanks!
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 01:34 PM

What parts of San Francisco do you want to visit?
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Pretty much all the touristy spots ... I know the location of the Buena Vista is "ok" ... I just wondered about the motel itself ... pictures on their site look good ...
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 11:27 AM

If you're not planning to have a car in San Francisco, I would recommmend staying somewhere within walking distance to trolley's, etc.
A hotel more towards Fisherman's Wharf would be better if you don't have a car.
I know there's a Courtyard by Marriott in that area.
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 11:46 AM

If you have a car, the Lombard street motels are great with free parking. Just remember, you will be paying for parking when you visit other parts of the city. I personally like not having a car and staying in the Union Square area.
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 12:23 PM

I stayed at the Buena Vista several times when a friend and I would go to San Franciso for a few days. I have not stayed there in about four years so can't give you totally up to date info.

We really liked it. It was very clean, nice staff, free parking, good price. We would park the car and just cab it to some of the places. My friend had polio as a child and has some muscle weakness and pain so LONG walks just were not good for her. The wharf is walkable from there.

Union street is close. There are some decent restaurants close by..Mexican, Chinese. I always felt safe there, but we were usually done dinner and back at the lodge by 9:00 p.m., or so.

Up the street about three or four blocks, (toward Vaness) on the other side of the street from the Buena Vista, is a great little place for breakfast. Sorry, the name excapes me but you can't miss it. They put a board out on the sidewalk listing their specials. Last time I was down there, they stated opening for dinner. We ate there one night and it was good. The prices were VERY reasonable. Their breakfast is still my favorite.