Notices

San Francisco Bay Area Anniversary Spot

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 08:27 AM
caught

San Francisco Bay Area Anniversary Spot

My company has scheduled a business trip that will conflict with my anniversary date. So,I have a two-fold question. How would you feel about celebrating your anniversary on a different date and where would you go for the most romantic dinner in the SF Bay Area?

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 07:53 PM
gail

I would be VERY disappointed!Salvage it by going to the Inn aBove the Tide in Sausalito immediately after (if you don't change your mind).

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 08:17 PM
Larry

Wouldn't bother me (date change).....it's the symbolism that's important, not the specific date for me.
Most romantic restaurants include Gary Danko, Fleur de Lys, Acquerello....well, actually the list is lengthy. What price range are you looking at?

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 08:57 PM
caught

I would be looking for something in the range of $30/entree. Do the places you mention fall in that range? Amazing how many co-workers are putting the pressure on to celebrate my anniversary another day -- saying it's no big deal. But, guilt has led me to ask how others see it. Appreciate the opinions!

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:01 AM
sharon

personally, i celebrate a lot more than just on the specific date of my vows... but maybe that is because i feel like we have something really special to celebrate and one day would not suffice.

that said... the most absolute favorite spot for the above mentioned celebration is Campton Place http://www.camptonplace.com/restaurant.html

enjoy!

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 09:13 AM
kam

We try to schedule a four day weekend somewhere fairly locally within two weeks of our anniversary in June. It doesn't matter the exact day, more important is having the time to relax and enjoy. We started doing this when my husband had to be out of the country on business for our 25th! Maybe you'll start the same nice tradition. Why not take gail's suggestion and also stay at the Inn Above the Tides. Lovely place and you can take the ferry in to the city if you feel like it. Another nice one over there is Casa Madrona. If you're just looking for a restaurant in SF, all suggestions here are good. Add Masa's to your list.