Reload this Page >

San Francisco-25th Anniversary Suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Tami

My husband & I are going to San Francisco late February for our 25th wedding anniversary. I got a great rate at the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. (Hope this was a good choice?) Any suggestions for a 4-day itinerary? We want to drive up to the wine country for sure. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Jan 14th, 2006, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Topping for Tami

Tami: click up above on destinations/hotels/restaurants for more info. You could also type in "San Francisco" above in the search box to pull up trip reports and replies on SF questions.

Good luck on your trip.

MY
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can go to Tripadvisor.com and enter your hotel and see what reviews it recieved. Try to go to Alcatraz if you can. The Napa Valley is a great place, you may also enjoy going up the California coast, such as the Point Reyes area. Congrats on your anniversary!
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 07:03 AM

Congratulations!

Definitely do an Alcatraz tour with the headsets. Once you return to the mainland, get ice cream treats at Ghiradelli! (We took a horse and buggy down the road the few blocks.)

Be sure to have a dim sum lunch in Chinatown at some point. And we loved Fog City Diner.

Also, the Japanese garden at the arboreatum was lovely; would make for a very romantic stroll and great photo ops.

And definitely take a ride up through wine country. We did the Sonoma route, and particularly enjoyed our stop at Benzinger with their tram vineyard tour. Chateau St. Jean was a particularly pretty stop. Also along that route we also stopped at Gloria Ferrar champagne (very nice, esp if you are there for the tour) and Ledson (well run, but more commercial).

Enjoy!
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 07:05 AM

Ooops - not sure about the gardens (Arb and Chateau) in Feb (We were there in April). Perhaps a local will advise!
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Tami

I thank all of you for your suggestions. I have printed them out to take with us! The Sheraton was rated a 4-star so I think it will be fine for us. I just found out the parking is $36 a day-ouch! But I got our rooms for $80.00 a night on priceline.com!
Tami