San Fran and then what?

Jun 20th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

San Fran and then what?

We are traveling (end of July) with our 3 kids (16, 14, and 5) to San Francisco for 4 days, and then want to go somewhere else (Monterey, Carmel, maybe) for 3 more days, then back to S.F. to fly home. Any suggestions for a route/fun place to stay?
Jun 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM

Staying in Carmel or Monterey are both good options. Monterey has the aquarium. Carmel has a nice beach. Monterey has a nice bike path out to Pacific Grove. Be sure and drive Seventeen Mile Drive, stop to look at the sea lions. You can drive to Big Sur, have lunch at Nepentha.

If you don't have Muir Woods in your plan while in San Francisco, I would spend a half day hiking the park. Beautiful redwoods.
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:51 PM

Monterey Peninsula offers the most interesting and fun things for kids. En route you could spend a few hours at the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk....and old fashioned amusement park right on the beach. Cotton candy, roller coaster, merry-go-round...the whole deal.
Then spend a bit of time at Point Lobos, which has hiking along the ocean, but also beaches for relaxing and they are very fun.
Jun 20th, 2007, 09:36 PM

Hi lulela, I agree that Monterey and Carmel would be a good place to spend your time after visiting SF and a stop in Santa Cruz I am sure would be something your various age children would enjoy. My 21 year old grandson recently spent some time in Santa Cruz and I use to go there a lot from the time I was about 3 on up and youngsters still love Santa Cruz. That should be a fun time for all of you!
Jun 21st, 2007, 03:11 AM

How about Yosemite ?Paul