San Diego or San Francisco?

Aug 1st, 2001, 05:41 PM
Sheila

San Diego or San Francisco?

My husband and I and our 13 year old daughter are thinking about a vacation next summer to San Diego. After looking into it I was wondering if San Francisco would be a better choice. We have never been to California before so we don't have any idea. We will want to do some sight-seeing, lounging by the pool and eating out at nice restaurants. Would appreciate anyone's opinion on which location and also a nice place to stay. Thanks!!

Aug 1st, 2001, 05:44 PM
marilyn

Either one is a great distination. San Diego will have by far the best weather to lay by the pool. There is a lot to do either place. Great restaurants both places. From what you say I would probably choose SD just for the sun.

Aug 1st, 2001, 05:49 PM
Dan

Personally, I'd choose San Francisco, there is no other city in the world like it. But, for a family that wants to lay out and enjoy the sun, I'd say San Diego. Either city has a wealth of great restaurants.

Aug 1st, 2001, 05:50 PM
phil

Summer in San Francisco can be a bit cool. If you want high temps and pool side lounging, San Diego is a better choice.

San Francisco is a great place with wonderful restaurants and lots to see and do. It is not a spot in the Summer however for warm sunshine. If that is what you want, San Diego is the spot.

Aug 1st, 2001, 05:50 PM
kam

If you're looking for a laid back beach vacation choose San Diego. San Francisco is not a beach place, but offers lots of things to tourists. Look at www.sf-visitor.org or www.sfgate.com Both cities are great destinations but very different. You need to do some homework to decide what you want.