San Diego - In-N-Out Burger close to Old Town

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning, We are planning a trip to San Diego and must have an In-N-Out Burger. I've found one about one mile from Old Town. We will have arrived at Old Town by trolley so we will not have a car. It is only about one mile, so not a problem to walk it, however, I'm wondering if we will have Pedestrian access all the way. I'm concerned about the section where Taylor Street becomes Rosecrans St. It crosses Interstate 5, over or under I'm not sure, so I did not know what the access would be like. Can anyone help? Many thanks, Vacationmom
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 09:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Taylor Street/Rosecrans goes under I-5 and I think there's sidewalk all the way. The intersection that you'll hve to cross to get to In-n-Out is big, so good luck.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 09:38 AM

Having driven around and around that area once many years ago, trying to find our hotel at midnight, my recollection is that you go UNDER the freeway. Most of the surrounding buildings on the west side of the freeway seemed to have been industrial.

Sports Arena Blvd is a pretty major road.

You shouldn't have any difficulty walkiing from Old Town to the In-n-Out Burger.

Enjoy! Have a "3x3 animal style" - which is three hamburger patties and three slices of cheese. Of course you can go as high as you like 4x4, 5x5 - just make sure you can bite down on that large a burger!
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. We will have to give it a shot. My husband fell in LOVE with those burgers when we were in San Francisco..... So, his mouth is watering for a chance at another one. Thanks again, Vacationmom
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 07:23 PM

Ah yes, vationmom. I haven't had a burger in many months but the last time I got the craving......it was an In-and-Out good ol' cheeseburger. They ARE the best!
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 09:24 PM
TahitiTams

Under the bridge, where the freeway is and go from the Trolley going West and turning right at that Liquor store and go up 2-3 blocks and it will be across the street and 1 block west of the Denny's..Keep all your wits about you and your group because it can get weird around there.Very busy traffic too..be careful..
They make great Double Doubles and I always ask for extra cheese for a quarter and I ask for extra spread which is like a 1,000 Island dressing but great with the fries to dip and I always ask for onion/grilled and extra spread too..
Try Perry's too..across from the Old Town Trolley on the opposite site of the street...Outstanding Breakfast and Lunch for cheap! Voted always in the top #10... If you go on a Fri/Sat/Sun hit the Swap Meet about 3 blocks at the Sports Arena and you can get SD T-shirts for 4 for $10 bucks..alot of great deals..
Have fun!