Search

San Diego Areas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Diego Areas

Hello,

I'm going to be spending about 2 days in San Diego (early march 04). I was planning on going to priceline to get my hotel room. The site gives me options on which area of town where I can reserve a room at. I'm not familiar with the San Diego area. I've narrowed it down to these places: Coronado, Downtown San Diego, Old Town, and Shelter Island. Does anybody have any suggestions on which area I should stay in? I'll probably be doing touristy type things.

Thanks
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Kim

The downtown area is where I would choose. You will be walking distance from great dining options, entertainment and shopping (Horton Plaza) and just a short drive away from the zoo, Old Town, and Coronado.
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 09:15 AM
ltt

shelter island would be my last choice (although nothing really wrong with it). all the others are convenient areas to stay in.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

I ended up doing getting the Islandia Hyatt on Mission Bay. From what I've read on Trip Advisor, people either loved it or hated it.
Old Jan 12th, 2004, 10:46 AM

I'm not familiar with which hotels in San Diego Priceline uses. Have you checked biddingfortravel.com which will list the hotels by area & by star level & also tell you what winning bids were? You can then check reviews on tripadvisor.com You could pick the "right" location & get a not great hotel.

That said, if you like a beach atmosphere, Coronado island is just over the bridge from downtown & offers the best overall location IMO-beachy but near downtown. If you plkan on having a car, it almost doesn't matter where you stay.

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 11:07 AM

I'm going to SD this weekend and will not have a car . . . any cheap (less than $100) hotels around the Gaslamp District?

Thanks in advance,
Sandy