Reload this Page >

San Antonio FIESTA How is it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 10:54 AM
allen

Is this worth a 3day weekend, also Noble Inns- Jackson House is this a good B&B to stay at. Where should my wife & I eat. What are the 3 must see places or must do activities in San Antonio.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 03:26 PM
michele

Just got back from there a few weeks ago. Had a great time. Things I'd suggest:
1. Take Riverwalk Boat Tour - Only $5 -I thought it was very entertaining(we had a great guide and did this first thing. We felt better acclimated to the layout of the Riverwalk when we later walked it also)
2. Paisano's Restaurant- was our favorite place to eat.(though do get a "Prickly Pear Margarita" and their "guacamole salad" at Boudros) Both restaurants are on the Riverwalk.
3.We enjoyed Jim Cullum's Jazz Band at The Landing. Should also have free concerts at Vallita(an outdoor stage on the river)during Festival.
4 Also liked the "Institute of Texas Cultures" if you like museums.
5. Take really good walking shoes and have a great time.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Linda

The weekend before is as fun as the weekend at the end. The River parade is usually on Monday night. Night in Old San Antonio is Tuesday-Thursday or Friday, Day Parade is Friday, night parade is Saturday. Check savisit.com or mysanantonio.com for more information. Definitely worth the time. SA knows how to party!

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Christie

IMHO, there's always a good time to behad in San Antonio!

There are lots of good restaurants to pick from. Our favorites: Tomatillo's on Broadway (5 minutes from downtown by car), County Line BBQ and Rio Rio on the Riverwalk.

If you have a car (and I would recommend one) and you like history, be sure to do the Mission Trail. It's 5 missions and they are just south of downtown. Do the Visitors' Center at San Jose first. It has a very good museum and a film. We spent half a day doing this and really enjoyed it.

Of course, shopping and drinking a margarita on the Riverwalk are always fun!

See ya there this weekend!

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 10:12 PM
Lynn

We had a wonderful meal at "Boudros" at Riverwalk!! We were there a couple of weeks about and did the Riverwalk boat tour in addition to a buggy ride. My kids loved the Ripley's Believe It or Not & the Wax Museum. We did the IMAX movie about the Alamo at Rivercenter Mall. Would recommend everything we did!