Search

San Antonio climate

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2001, 07:17 AM
sm

San Antonio climate

What's the climate like in San Antonio during Dec. and also Feb? How affordable are the nice hotels there? Thanks.

Old May 2nd, 2001, 07:29 AM
Don

The average high/low in San Antonio in December is 63/41, and in February it's 65/40. Both months average a little under 2" of rain each, with about 8 days of precipitation each month. (I got this information from http://weather.yahoo.com.)

As for the hotels, you could go check out the prices on Expedia or Travelweb or some similar site.

If you're interested in using Priceline to get lower prices on hotel stays, see the following Web site for lots of information on bidding strategies. They even have a thread where people report their winning bids (some of them very inexpensive for nice hotels on the Riverwalk) for San Antonio hotels. The Web site is:

http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Usual disclaimers apply--I have no vested interest in your going to the Web site, no vested interest in Priceline, yadda, yadda...

Old May 2nd, 2001, 07:55 AM
Christie

Don's answers are the statistical ones, but they're not a good indication of what the weather in San Antone is really like. Yes, it often does get down into the 40s in Texas in the winter. It also often does not get into the mid 60's for daily highs; 55 or even 50 is more realistic. It can be cold, and it is definitely not swimming and shorts weather! Still, if you're coming from a cold climate, you'll probably enjoy spending time outdoors in San Antonio.

I guess it depends on your definition of "nice" and "affordable." I've stayed at a Motel 6 there that is clean and I've also stayed in fancy hotels downtown for under $100 a night.

Look around on the web and see what you find. Good places to start: www.mysanantonio.com and www.traveltex.com

Old May 2nd, 2001, 08:21 AM
sm

Thanks Don and Christie. Since we live in San Diego, I think we'll look for a warmer climate to visit in the wintertime. We'd really love to go back to Maui, but the airfares and hotels and condos are out of our reach for now.

Old May 2nd, 2001, 01:29 PM
dosey

Check out the prices at the Drury Inn on the Riverwalk, we paid less than $100 a night last May. But if you're going in December, all the hotels might be overpriced because of the lighting displays and events going on along the riverwalk.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 10:07 AM
Christie

SM-

Have you considered someplace like Miami or Cancun/Los Cabos for a wintertime trip? They stay pretty warm, and if you watch the airfares, they can be pretty inexpensive. I agree that Maui is quite pricey!

Old May 4th, 2001, 10:29 PM
Lyn

Feb 2 -6, 1999==temps 30 degrees,cold wind. Freeways closed due to ice build-up. One week later temps back up to 70's. Weather truly unpredictable!!!