Search

San Antonio Bound

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 1997, 02:58 PM
Maryann Durmer

San Antonio Bound

I am looking for a quaint restaurant in the San Antonio area for Thanksgiving dinner. Does anyone have any suggestions that would make this experience a memorable one. Thanks.

Old Nov 11th, 1997, 08:48 AM
Casey Rogers

It's a little pricey, but I highly recommend the La Mansion hotel on the Riverwalk. It is very old and beautiful but has recently been renovated. It is in a great location and if you make reservations ask for a room that overlooks the riverwalk. You should take a riverboat cruise and just walk around town and see the Alamo, etc. If you aren't from Texas (and even if you are!) you have to eat some Mexican food at just about anywhere in town. It's great.

Old Nov 12th, 1997, 10:17 PM
andrea

I have to agree that La Mansion would be a great choice for both the restaurant and hotel. If you want to be outside downtown by about 20-30 minutes then the place to be is the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort. I live in SA and love both places.

Old Nov 13th, 1997, 05:42 PM
lisa

I woul rec. the Grey Moss Inn in Grey Forest. This is a small ( I mean small!!) historic town northwest of SA. It can be reached by I -10. I do not know if they will be open for Thanksgiving but excellent food and excellent wine selection. I live in SA also and like this restaurant. Hyatt Hill Country has excellent food but very large. Depends on what you are looking for.

Old Nov 23rd, 1997, 11:54 AM
Marty

When we get to San Antonio, we always eat at the Menger Hotel restaurant. The Menger Hotel is right on the Riverwalk. We have eaten both Lunch and Dinner here and it is not too expensive and has always been excellent! Good luck, and have a great time.