Salt Lake Rountrip

Old Jul 10th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salt Lake Rountrip

Using frequent flier miles to fly into Salt Lake City on a last-minute trip in two weeks. Don't have any specific ideas other than wanting to drive north toward Yellowstone, Tetons, perhaps a little Montana but only have a week. Any suggestions on an itinerary. We're also going to have our three-year-old with us so any family-friendly things along the way would be nice. Thanks.
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 01:04 PM

Hi Traveler,

The drive to Jackson and the Tetons will take you about 4 hours or more, depending on which route you take. Yellowstone will be 5 1/2.

I would not try to do MT too with only a week. Do you have exactly 7 nights?Spend 3 days at the Tetons and 4 in Yellowstone.

There are many previous posts here that should give you many excellent idead of things to do. Get yourself a baby backpack for sure.

Also, most important: get moving on finding lodging. You are going at peak season and won't have much choice left at this point.

It's one of the most beautiful and amazing places in the world. You will love it.

Have fun!
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 01:20 PM

With just one week, I'd stick to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. I'd bring or buy a cheap umbrella stroller for the 3 year old in Yellowstone. Many of the boardwalks are stroller freindly. If you like to do a lot of hiking, then a baby backpack would be a better idea. If you don't want to do a lot of hiking, then 2 nights at the Grand Tetons will be plenty and the rest of the time in Yellowstone. The first time we took our boys they were one and four years old...we had a double stroller!

Utahtea
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for info. Will get on it? Do I want to stay in Jackson Hole or West Yellowstone? Any other towns around the park you suggest staying at if accomodations are hard to find? Thanks.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 12:58 PM

If you can't get into anything in Grand Teton Natl Park, Jackson is a good place to stay -- near the downtown square is fun. Check out www.townsquareinns.com for 4 different lodging options. If you can't get anything in Yellowstone, the town of West Yellowstone is a good option.
Old Jul 13th, 2005, 06:59 PM

Traveler,

You will want to split your stay between the town of Jackson (or somewhere in the Teton Natl Park) and somewhere in Yellowstone (if you can get it at this late date). From the town of Jackson just to Old Faithful is minimum 2 hour drive. Wyoming is a BIG place.