Salt lake city to moab

Search

Salt lake city to moab

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salt lake city to moab

planning a trip for next year. will probably fly into salt lake city (direct flight), spend a day or so there and then dry to moab. anything to see or stop at on the way? appears to be around a 4?hour drive.

Old Sep 30th, 2008, 08:40 AM

how many days do you have and what month are you going? You could visit Goblin Valley for 2 or 3 hours. Probably adds another 1.5-2 hrs driving time.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 09:05 AM

Half way in-between the drive is the once rough and tumble city of Price. There is the College of Eastern Utah Dinosaur Museum that might be of interest. There are several good places to eat. Fairlanos, The Greek Streak, El Saltos all come to mind.

Green River is another city I like to stop in for a bite to eat. I prefer Ray's Tavern for their cheeseburgers and Ben's Cafe for their chili.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

meant drive not dry. typo. probably late sept or early october. time for trip is somewhat flexible. will not go to zion, bryce, etc. done that in the past.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 04:53 PM

Joanel,

If you have a day or so to spend before driving down to Moab, I would highly recommend using it to drive in the Wasatch Mtns east of SLC and enjoy the fall colors. Peak is usually first week of Oct.

Our colors are awesome right now!

There are many drives you could do, the most popular is the Alpine Loop, going between American Fork Canyon and Sundance (Provo Canyon). Just incredible, hopefully you don't get carsick. Top it off with a stay over at Sundance and dinner at the fabulous Tree Room, or the Owl Grill for less $$. Reservations needed.

Then go down to Moab the next day.