Reload this Page >

Salt Lake City to Boulder Utah

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Linda

We will be driving to Boulder and staying overnight there. We have gotten 2 opinions on how best to get there. We want the fastest way so that we can see the Indian Village and go on the Burr Trail, which we were told was not to be missed. Is that true? What would the driving time be (we are not slow drivers). Also driving time to Zion? We are staying there the next night, also only for 1 night. I would prefer to see the Petrified Forest State Park, I think, and skip Bryce. Is that sacrilege? Thanks.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 12:38 PM
diane

Driving time from SLC to Zion is 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Is there a Boulder in Utah? I'm topping this so perhaps someone can answer your main question(s).

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Linda

Yes, Dianne, there is a Boulder. It is northeast of Escalante. Thanks for info.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Utahtea

Hi Linda,

I saw your other post first and replied.

The shortest way to Boulder, Utah is down I-15, then pick up Hwy 50 near Scipio, Hwy 322 to Aurora, Hwy 89 down to I-70 then pick up Hwy 24 to Torrey then down Scenic Hwy 12 to Boulder. This route is 250 miles and will take a least 5 hours. The drive from Torrey to Boulder is through a high mountain pass and you can't drive freeway speeds on it.

We've done the Burr Trail. It's mostly paved from Boulder until you hit the switch backs down to the Notom Road. The Burr Trail was is worth it from Boulder to the switchbacks but I think Capitol Reef National Park just east of Torrey is a much better choice.

Anasazi State Park will only take a couple of hours at the most to see. The Petrified Forest State Park takes a strenous hike and you DO NOT see much in the way of Petrified Wood. It's very disappointing.

You can get a glimps of Bryce Canyon from Hwy 12 at a scenic over look without going in to the park. It's not my favorite National Park but some people really fall in love with it. Zion on the other hand is one of my all time favorites.

It is 150 miles from Boulder, Utah to Zion National Park. The drive from Boulder, Utah to Escalante, Utah is a breath taking scenic drive. You will want to take your time for the views and because these are windy narrow roads. You should plan on stopping at some of the scenic overlooks. I would plan on at least 4 hours for the drive.

Utahtea

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Linda

Thank you, Utahtea. I was hoping I would hear from you, having read other responses from you. Thanks again.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Utahtea

Linda,

I'm glad I could be of help. Sorry it took so long to respond. I was at Lake Tahoe for a week celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary!

Let me know if you have any other questions. My e-mail works.

Utahtea

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 02:20 PM
deb

don't miss calf creek just outside of Escalante