Reload this Page >

sacrametno highlights

Search

sacrametno highlights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 01:39 PM
jenn

sacrametno highlights

I have 5 days to spend in Sacramento while my dad is on business.....I am 20-something........what are the high points, what should I see??

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 01:40 PM
jenn

Pardon my spelling in the header...Sacramento!!

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 04:02 PM
California's Capital

Here's a decent website that lists things to do and see.
Can't be specific since you didn't offer your interests or if you will have a car or depend on public transportation.

http://www.sacramento.worldweb.com/

Also, check out the local daily newspaper online; the Sacramento Bee at:

www.sacbee.com

The Friday and Sunday editions have lots of info on current happenings.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 06:19 PM
janis

The Bee tabloid sections (Friday - Ticket, Sunday - Encore) list just about every mainstream thing going on. Alternative events are listed lots of places - one being the News & Review weekly.

The main "sights" depending on your interests are: Old Sacramento - gold rush era bldgs along the River with a lot of restaurants, etc; Crocker Art Gallery - the oldest Art Gallery west of the Mississippi; the state Capitol and surrounding park; California State museum - a new museum on O street which is very interesting; LOTS of great dining - especially in a 20 square block area called mid-town; Sutter's Fort; River taxi trips up river to restaurants and marinas; The Sacramento Kings and Chris Webber and Peja Stojakovic (GO KINGS!!!)

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 06:19 AM

To the top.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 07:19 AM
gail

Grab a bus and 20 minutes away you can visit Davis. Great college town with place to eat and shops and art galleries to wander in.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Suzie

Ok there are some good recommendations but how about the IMAX on the K Street Mall? Five days is a long time to be in Sacto. When are you coming? Other recommendations might depend on the time of year. Is it soon?

I don't recommend going to Sutter's Fort. I have been recently because I have a child who was recently a 4th grader and I wouldn't recommend the place for a 20 something.