Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

RV parks and camping..Zion or Bryce ? Any suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Tracie

We are driving from Ohio in Aug. want to spend a few days visiting Bryce an Zion NP's and need suggestions on where to stay. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 09:25 AM
CF

Tracie, I have found a tremendous amount of info on camp grounds at www.goodsamclub.com. Click on forums and go from there.

A fellow Ohioan....with an RV!

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 03:51 PM
Dayle

Tracie, go to the National Parks website for camping info inside the parks.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 04:00 PM
CF

Gotta be careful with the Nt'l Parks. A lot of them don't have sewers or full hookups. Size restrictions are in effect as well.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 09:39 AM
connie

That's what's nice about them. It is possible to camp without all that luxury. I'd rather be in a national park or national forest campground than an rv park where you are packed in like sardines any day.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:41 AM
judith

lovely campground/trailer area in zion park. lots of trees, orchard nearby. i think someone said it was first come, first served. i'm sure zion has more info. good luck as it is a beautiful place to visit.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:32 PM
RV family

Great R.V. campground, quite near entrance to Zion National Park: Virgin River Campground. Fairly new and well kept. Seemed like it was 10-15 miles from entrance. St George is good sized town for supplies. Check out the website ; Zion National Park-Campgounds.
Get reservations early...
Happy trails....

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:38 PM
RV family

I just found the web site for the campground mentioned above..
www.zionriverresort.com/index.html

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 10:41 PM
Utahtea

I love both the campgrounds in Zion National Park. The are both on the Virgin River.

South Campground does not have any hook-ups and it is a first come first serve campground. I've seen some really BIG rigs in this campground.

Watchman has electrical hook ups but you will need to make reservations. http://reservations.nps.gov/parkResu...en=82793616The electrical is especially nice in the summer if your unit has an air conditioner.

There is a dump station. Both campgrounds have nice shade trees.

If you want full hookups you will have to camp in Springdale at the Zion Canyon Campground. http://www.zioncanyoncampground.com/ We've never stayed there but it is just across the river from Watchman Campground.

We've only stayed in the Bryce Canyon National Park campgrounds and found them to be very nice. You will have to get there before noon if you want to get a site. There are no hook ups at Bryce. Bryce is at a higher elevation and plenty of trees for shade. http://www.nps.gov/brca/pphtml/camping.html

What route from Ohio are you taking? Do you need any suggestions?

Utahtea