rush!!!!!!! driving directions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 05:49 PM
humorme

HI
I am headed to cape cod tomorrow early AM OCT5th. someone posted that the best route to avoid heavy rte 95 traffic was via the tappanzee bridge. I think the other route were 25 to route 6....
please give me directions from NJ turnpike.
thanks I hope this isnt too late

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 06:39 PM
cc

If you can find your way here to post, you can find your way to mapquest, freetrip.com, or an Atlas.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:02 PM
humorme

thanks smartie,
If they gave me that information I wouldnt be coming here talking to ignorant people like you

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:22 PM
bruce

Traffic should be quite light in the morning....it's Saturday, numb nuts ...it's supposed to rain.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Ryan

Christ, the way some of these people are reacting, you would think that you added "give me directions so I can shoot your mother"

Depending on the hour you are leaving, traffic may not be that bad. However, by taking the Tappan Zee, you are avoiding the potential for bad traffic on the GW and the Cross Bronx Expressway.

If you take the Tappan Zee, take the Cross County Parkway. You'll at least avoid the NYC part of the traffic.

AM radio stations 1010 and 880 give traffic every ten minutes.

Good luck.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Boss Tonn

Even though oct 5th has passed, it's worth noting that Saturday traffic to Cape Cod can be quite horriffic, contrary to the intelligent post made above by Cousin Brucie ("yeahhh! "Nice wig, Brucie) .

Weekly house rentals on the cape usually run from Saturday - to - Saturday, which means lots of people are on the road....in both directions. And the busy season reaches beyond Labor Day well into October. So traffic on both Bourne and Sagamore bridges can be heavy.

To see info on these bridges you can get live traffic reports at www.smartraveler.com

Sorry I don't know much about directions from Jersey.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:19 AM
x

Ryan, very funny!

I can only hope that someday one of you petty shitty people will need advice or help and someone will be as rude and mean to you as you were here on this thread. It takes the same amount of time to be nice and helpful as it does to act like an ass.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:25 AM
madge

So, hurmorme, since you managed to find your way back to forum when you still needed help in order to berate other posters, how about being a "mensche" and now coming back and telling us which way you took, and how it went, as well as thanking Ryan for his good information (not to mention sense of humor)?