Royal Grandstand? for parades?

Jan 15th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Royal Grandstand? for parades?

Evening, Husband and I will be in the Big Easy Feb. 8-12th. Can't wait! The hotel where we are staying just emailed me about buying grandstand tickets to watch some parades. We have seen them while we were down another time and always wondered if it would be better to see a parade from there. Anyone done the Royal Grandstand? Just wondering if I can still get throws or should I brave the rest of the masses! Thanks for your info! Oh, and the culinary tour (thanks to you all) is now on my list!
Bo
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Crud! This was supposed to go under New Orleans!
Sorry!!
Jan 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM

There is no "under New Orleans". There aren't even state-specific boards. When you check off a state, that's just to help with searches.
Jan 15th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Dan

Tell me more about the "Royal Grandstand." I'm not familiar with that one. There are many grandstands out there and the City's are, I think, free or low cost on that first weekend.
Jan 15th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Dan, I guess it is called Royal Parade Review Grandstand. The price starts from 8.00, for parades at the beginning, to 30.00, parades on Fat Tuesday. I did a grandstand once when we were down during a convention, the organization had sponsored the grandstand, and it was fun being a little up high and having bathrooms to use! Not sure just how crowded this one would get, tho.
Bo
Jan 16th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Dan

Is it at Gallier Hall or Lafayette Square? If so, those are the City's grandstands. I think they'd be a good place to watch a parade but they are usually fairly empty except for the "big weekend" parades. If you want to catch beads and not have to jostle people, I'd go for it!