Reload this Page >

Roosevelt or Renaissance Times Sq?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2004, 10:36 PM
aussie8

I'm unsure which hotel to choose and would appreciate advice.
Is the access to subway lines different from each of these hotels? I notice in my fodor's guide that the numbers are different for the Subways closest to each.
Any comments about the standard of accom between the hotels would be helpful. Ive found a similiar price at both for the time I will be in NY.
We are staying for 10 nights.
Cheers

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These hotels are in completely different locations. The Renaissance is near Times Square on /WEST 42 st (Times Square subway - Broadway line trains etc) and the Roosevelt is on EAST 42 st (Grand Central/42nd - Lexington Ave trains and shuttle to Times Square). They are about 1/2 mile apart. Can't speak to the accomodations.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 05:18 AM

We've stayed at the Roosevelt and it was fine. It seems to be a large convention hotel. Our room was SMALL, but then again, I'm sure all rooms are different (I think my husband booked through Priceline too). Other than the room being small, it was a fine hotel. Right off Madison Ave.

You just need to decide what you want to be near - the hustle and bustle of Times Square (personally, to me - yuck!) or in a quieter MidTown East location.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 05:59 AM

It would help to guide you to know how many are in your party & what price you're looking at. Both these hotels are often available on Priceline btu Priceline's not a good option for more than 2 people.

You can look for reviews of each on tripadvisor.com and also here on Fodor's by clicking on hotels, new york, etc. The Roosevelt is an older hotel but still nice. The Renaissance is much newer. Both would provide easy transportation to get around-just on opposite sides of town. If you plan on seeing a lot of theater it might be convenient to be in the theater district. If there are teens in your party, they seem to like Times Square too. The Roosevelt is slightly more convenient to midtown department store shopping. The Roosevelt is actually above 42-
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Rob

The Renaissance is on the west side. It is at 47th and 7th, the north end end of Times Square. The Roosevelt is on the east side, 45th and Madison. This is a business area so it would be quieter after the end of the business day. The Renaissance is a step above the Roosevelt. The Renaissance is in the theater district. Both are convenient to subway transportation. If the price is the sjme and you won't mind being in the always busy Times Square are I would pick the Renaissance.