Reload this Page >

Rooms for three people in New York!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 03:51 AM
Helen Bromley

Hi! We are coming to New York in October, from London, England, after saving for a long long time!! Could anybody please recommend a hotel ($175-$350)that has rooms that will sleep three? So many seem for double occupancy only, and I'm not happy about my daughter being in a room on her own.
Many thanks.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 05:14 AM
howard

A general response to your question: You should have no problems finding what you want. Most hotels can accommodate you. What you are seeking is what is called in hotel parlance a "double/double," which means a room with two double beds. (Not trying to be personal, but I assume you and your husband will share one bed!) The cost for three is not that much more than the cost for two. In cases where three people want three beds, then the hotel will roll in another bed.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 05:18 AM
john

Hi Helen:

This might be a long shot, but I have stayed in the "Flathotel", on 52nd street between sixth and seventh avenue. It is a residence style business hotel with large suite type rooms. Not an all service hotel, but they do have a great health club. I never needed a full service Hotel when I am staying in a full service city like NYC! I seen prices around $190 on the internet...Give it a shot

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 09:09 AM
Christina

You can try the NY Helmsley, Midtown East at 42nd & 3rd Ave, a convenient location for theater and easy bus connections. They have rooms with two double beds that you can probably get for $150-200. I've found a good discounter to be Quikbook, they include this hotel (www.quikbook.com).

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 09:56 AM
Owen O'Neill

In addition to the excellent previous suggestions, you might consider a "suites" hotel that has a fold-out sofabed or futon in the living room and a separate bedroom with a double bed. My daughter is 18 and stays up far later than I prefer to, doing her reading, listening to music etc. We both apprciate the convenience of separate sleeping quarters and the added benefit of a kitchenette (often but not always a feature in such suites) allows one to have breakfast in the room, keep chilled water and fruit on hand etc. I've stayed in the Radio City Apartments (yes, it is a hotel) which has a great location and resonable rates (about $120-140 per night)but is a bit on the older and less glamorous side (but quite clean and acceptable to most folks). There's also a group of suite hotels in NYC with several locations including the Southgate Suites (not far from Penn Station). They're a bit pricier but probably nicer (haven't stayed there and can't attest to this). I've seeen numerous past post about suite hotels in this forum - a quick forum search is likely to answer additional questions.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 06:29 PM
steve

I would suggest one of the suite hotels. The Manhattan East Suites is a group of well-located all suite hotels-I've stayed at their Plaza 50 in midtown and while it is not the height of luxury it was perfectly fine. The Doubletree Suites in Times Square is very popular with families as well.
For something more luxurious the Rhiga Royal near the theatre district is an all-suite hotel that you might be able to book on the higher end of your price range.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 09:19 PM
Karen

Three of us have stayed, two different times, at Doubletree Guest Suites and found it to be perfect. In the bedroom there were two queen sized beds and in the living room was a pull out double couch. There were three sinks, two in the bathroom and one in the LR(you have to definitely request this). We found the location to be great in Times Square right across the street from Marriot Marquis. I would highly recommend looking at their website, the prices are also well below $300.

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 01:09 AM
Helen Bromley

Thank you all very much for the really useful replies..if you ever come to London, I would hope that I could offer such good advice!!
Many Thanks.