Romantic Weekend Getaway

Search

Romantic Weekend Getaway

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romantic Weekend Getaway

My parents are having their 25th anniversary in June and we (their children) would like to surprise them and send them away for the weekend. Any suggestions? East Coast preferred, somewhere easy to get to from Virginia preferrably by air. Once we find a location we'll also need help with the lodging, restaurants and any other activities in the area. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
J
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm, how about Bermuda if they're golf/beach people, or Quebec City if they're history, city type of folks?
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Theyre everything kind of people. Very active, but still enjoy to relax. They like the arts, that kind of thing. I think their honeymoon was in Bermuda, but I think somewhere in the US would be better. It's just for a weekend so the shoter the traveling time the better!
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 05:22 PM

Charleston, South Carolina would be a wonderful destination. It is a very beautiful city with lots to see and do.
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 05:49 PM

The Berkshires would be nice and romantic. Red Lion Inn in West Stockbridge, tickets to Tanglewood, picnic dinner and wine. I think you can fly into Hartford, CT and then it's a short drive.

Another suggestion: Woolverton Inn in Lambert, NJ (adjacent to New Hope, PA) is fabulous as well. Not too far from Princeton, NJ or Philadelphia.

It's already pretty hot down South in June so even though Charleston is beautiful, if humidity and heat are factors, you may want to choose places further north.