Romantic trip to New England

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 09:40 PM
danielle

Romantic trip to New England

Message: I am planning a trip for my new husband and I to New England. We will only have the weekend, and live in PA. SO, I thought the quickest place to go would be CT. Litchfield County? Or is MA worth the extra drive? PLEASE HELP with any info you can give me. (where to go...stay...etc)
Thank you!!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Sue

Litchfield county is a beautiful area of the state. The Mayflower Inn in Washington, CT is one of the top inns in the country. I have never stayed there, but I know that it has an incredible reputation.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Bonnie

We loved the Captain Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport, Maine. Perfect for a romantic weekend.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 08:04 AM
nospam

Bonnie,

Except that Kennebunkport is about 5 hours further from PA than Litchfield county and the poster is asking whether it is even worthwhile to go at far as Massachusetts. Duh!!

Anyway, Danielle if you have the $$$$, Mayflower Inn is awesome. Great restaurant too.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 08:14 AM
orgy7

just don't come too hartford its emberesing.. maybe the Mystic area woiuld be nice