Search

romantic tips

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
romantic tips

Every year i take the wife on a trip for our anniversary and try to have some romantic surprise. limo, flowers in the room, love notes wrote on the bathroom mirror,dinners at great restaurants.looking for some new ideas, simple or not. this year we are going back to orlando.thanks for any ideas.
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 06:54 PM

A champagne catamaran sail at sunset.

or my personal favorite...

anything *diamonds*
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 07:22 PM

What would she think if you rented a Tigger costume and goosed her?

Naw, just kidding.
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 08:20 PM

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 05:15 AM
GoTravel

I'm thinking a leopard print thong may do it for her.

Don't forget the Tarzan yell.

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 07:01 AM
HappyTravels

TG, a hoot as usual. Happy to see Ivan gave you a miss. Caddys survived!!!

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 07:15 AM

I think a "Barney" custume would be more a surprise than Tigger.

(Great reply, TandooriGirl!)
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 07:29 AM

andyg, I need to redeem myself here before this post takes on a life of its own. So...have you thought of arranging dinner at the Magic Castle. That would be memorable -- I think they still do that, but maybe someone else knows for sure.

A great romantic place in Orlando is the Park Plaza Hotel in Winter Park. It's a sleepy throw-back to the times of Florida's first tourist boom in the 1880s. They have a restaurant in the hotel that has been both good and bad over the years so you're on your own with that one. But I highly recommend the Park Plaza.

And that goose wouldn't be too bad either!
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 08:04 AM

I think one of the most romantic restuarants in Orlando is Hemmingway's at the Grand Cypress Hyatt. (Too bad the Empress Lily is long gone!) There are also a lot of spas in Orlando, so you could investigate some sort of body treatment, or doubles massage for you both.

There is also a murder mystery musical comedy show that will incorporate any idea you have into the show. For example, I've seen them add a story line to stop the show for a fellow to get down on one knee and propose! The show is every Sat night at the Grosvenor Hotel, but you have to call Murder Watch Mystery Theatre ahead of time to make your arrangements.

I also think the fireworks and laser shows are always a romantic end to an evening at the park.

You are a sweet guy to plan ahead like this. I'm sure your wife really appreciates your thoughtfulness and sense of romance. May you keep it up through 20 years and kids! Have a wonderful anniversary.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

tandoori_girl i like the tigger costume idea but i am more of a pooh bear type.so far it has been eight years of kids and fun dreamer2.any other thoughts,simple can be good but i am running out of new ideas after eight years.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

ttt, thanks for any help
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 06:36 PM
gc

Andyg,

If you're "going back", by definition you will run out of ideas.

When is your anniversary? How about watching the fog roll in across San Francisco Bay from the Fairmont or Mark Hopkins? How about watching the sunset from the Del Coronado, or looking for the green spot at Key West?

If it's the winter, how about watching the snow fall in front of a fire in the Adirondacks, Rockies , Green or White Mountains?

What about dinner and thearter in NY, followed by a carriage ride in Central Park?
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 07:05 PM

A blanket and picnic basket with wine, cheese, and bread, and a drive to a beach or secluded woodsy place. Not so secluded that you can be intimate, just enough for some intimate-talk to get you revved up for later. You could do this at lunchtime, or preferably under the starts at night.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 07:16 PM

An appointment at a day spa for a facial and/or massage for her or you can both enjoy a couples massage.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 07:30 PM
jor

How about you buy a really sexy nighty and hide it in the closet. When she comes into the bedroom you jump out of the closet in the nighty and say "guess what I've been hiding"!
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 06:25 AM

Andy,

You are a sweetheart! Are you still staying at the Grand Cypress Hyatt? Lots of opportunity for romance there! Why don't you have "your song" played by whatever live music band is entertaining at the lobby lounge after dining at Hemmingways or one of their other restaurants? Maybe the concierge can arrange it for you.

Or you could make a CD (or tape) of all the music that has been meaningful to you both through the years.

Congratulations!

Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 06:54 AM

You have some good ideas here but as a guy who has been married to the same wonderful woman for 24 years, I have a tip:

Do NOT refer to your mate as "the wife" at least not where she can hear it! Maybe your spouse is different but I have yet to meet a woman who is OK with that term.

Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 09:58 AM

Yes, take placeu2's advice. Why DO they call us "the wife". I've caught my husband using that term when he's on the phone with someone who doesn't know me. But still --- can't he call me MY wife, not THE wife. It does tend to rub the the wrong way. But as he is the dearest man in the entire world in every other way -- I'll let it slide. Now if starts calling me "the little woman", I'll have to slug him.
Joy
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 10:36 AM
jor

I remember when my Dad used to refer to Mom as "Ma" when he was talking to us. Its the term he used to use for his mother a generation ago. Mom finaly had enough and told him "I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER". Dad never says "Ma" anymore! Sometimes he get so tounge tied he resorts to "She". I over look it because he is the Best.
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 10:55 AM
OO

Ugh...I hate "the wife". It sounds like Archie Bunker--no offense, really, but a serious No-No.

My husband does refer to me as Mom when we are around the (grown) kids, but that feels natural and I don't mind in the least...never gave it a second thought, really.

jor, when my own Mother visited, I got into the habit of calling her Grandma. That's what the kids called her. One day she snapped at me, "I am not your Grandma" and that put an end to that pdq! She was a no nonsense person, but normally good natured. It really must have grated on her. I guess I can see that--can't picture my own kids calling me "Grandma", although I do wish one of them would give me the opportunity to try it on for size! LOL

Andy...depending on where you stay, some hotels will be more than happy to fulfill your romantic request. Room service can set a linen, with silver and crystal table on a candlelit balcony. Concierge can provide you with rose petals to be scattered on the bed at turn-down.

Love notes on the bathroom mirror...do it again. I did something similar to my husband recently when he was getting back from a trip in the middle of the night and odds were I would not wake up (and I didn't). On a whim, I wrote with soap, "I love you" on the bathroom mirror--shades of Halloween in our teen years! He wrote back with shaving cream: "Me too" for me to find in the morning. As the saying goes, some of the best things in life are free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -