Reload this Page >

Romantic New Orleans restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Sara

Any suggestions on restaurants that are both romantic and delicious in New Orleans? My boyfriend and I will be there for his birthday in October - I want it to be special and not touristy!

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Eva

I found Bayona to be both romantic and delicious. We found ourselves tucked in a quiet booth with soft lighting, eating culinary delights and served by attentive but unobtrusive staff. But if you are going in October, reserve NOW!

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Maria

Sara- try 'Angelo's' on Decatour St. Get a balcony table and watch the sunset, it's romantic and fun to people watch. They have the best Italian food. I think there is a minimum amount your check must be ($40?) but it's worth it.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Sarah

I second Bayona. My husband and I celebrated our 1st anniversary in NO last year. It was by far the best dining experience we had! Fantastic!!!

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 03:07 PM
Tom

Here's another vote for Bayona, but only if you can get something other than a late seating. Its so popular these days that late reservations (9 and after) are sometimes all you can get, but the service drops off significantly in my opinion as the night grows late. I also highly recommend Stella!, a wonderful, romantic restaurant toward the back of the french quarter. The Bistro at the Maison de Ville hotel is also very high on my list for intimate dining.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 04:10 PM
amyu

Although it can be touristy, I think that Commander's Palace can be romantic, IF you request one of the tables in a smaller room. We had a table in an upstairs room, with just two other tables. (And our "area" had its own balcony to step outside and enjoy).

Each room has a name, and unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the room we were in. The live jazz, stolling musicians are just wonderful, and the food is quite good.