Search

romantic getaway

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 11:33 AM
Alia

romantic getaway

secluded, beach, lake or ocean, solitude, busy parents of 2 need some time alone......

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 12:14 PM
Sarah

I'm not sure where you're traveling from, but if you're on the West Coast, I would definitely recommend the Central Coast of California for a romantic getaway. Moonstone Beach in Cambria sounds like the perfect place for some relaxtion for two busy parents.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Alia

Would prefer an east coast getaway - Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts etc. - travelling from this area..

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Glenn

Why don't posters tell us what they want in the first place? We're not a bunch of mind readers out here! Alia if you had bothered to tell us some more facts to begin with, you wouldn't have wasted Sarah's time. And it would have been polite to have thanked her rather than just stating that you wanted different info.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 02:24 PM
sk

Glenn,
I for one did not mind that Alia left her post open...I would love to hear others opinions on romantic getaways!!!
So thanks to Sarah and also anyone else that answers in advance..
P.S. Glenn ,Alia did mention they were BUSY ....

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 02:30 PM
jhm

What's your price range, and for how long?

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Phyllis

Glenn was extremely rude and not helpful. You should chat somewhere else. Cape May in NJ is an excellent choice with so many bed and breakfasts and wonderful restaurants.

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 04:53 PM
Beth

Camden, Maine
Newport, RI.
Woodstock, VT (no water)
Portsmouth, NH

Old Jul 15th, 2001, 06:56 PM
carol

Could you suggest specific accomodations in Camden, ME?
Also restaurants, sites?

Old Jul 16th, 2001, 02:10 AM
Tara

I wrote the following post to somebody else, but I think it fits the description of a "romantic getaway".

Message: I really love visiting the Cape and I think you will too. I can't help you with MV, but for a great place to stay on Cape Cod I would recommend a place called the Wood Duck Inn. It's a charming B&B with only three rooms where they bring you breakfast in a basket to your room. It overlooks a cranberry bog that is wonderful to walk around, and the owners could not be more wonderful. It's located in a seaside village called Cataumet, located in Bourne, near the bridge, and it's about a 10-15 minute drive to Falmouth where you would be able to catch a ferry to Martha's Vineyard. I love this area because it really has a country charm feel about it that I don't get where I live. If you call them, tell Dawn and Phil that Tara from South Florida recommended you.
http://woodduckinnbb.com

For two wonderful dinner experiences I would recommend the Coonamessett Inn, in Falmouth (508) 548-2300 for an elegent meal in beautiful surroundings, and the Cape Cod Dinner Train in Hyannis. http://capetrain.com

Please feel free to email me directly if I can be of any more help. I'm doing all of the above again in September and I can't wait. To read more about the Wood Duck Inn or the Coonamessett Inn, both are located in "the Upper Cape". here's a website that I find helpful. The Insider's Guide to Cape Cod
http://insiders.com/capecod/

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 12:48 PM
Alia

Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions. And for Glenn....I am glad you are NOT a "mind reader" !

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Lisa

My husband and I love the Birches in Rockwood,Maine. It is on Moosehead Lake which is pretty far north. You could stay in a rustic log cabin right on the lake and cook in your cabin or eat in the pretty log dining room with magnificent lake views. For romance, rent a little boat and find a deserted bay to picnic and swim (skinny dip?) The downside for escaping parents is that the Birches does get many families so the dining room may have more kids than you would like. We solve that by eating late.