Romantic dinner in Naples, Fl

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 05:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's our 15th anniversary, and I'm trying to figure which restaurant is best to celebrate. I have a reservation at Lemonia Ritz Golf but heard it's way overpriced. Looking at Campiellos but not a big fan of pasta (loosing wight,too)- hope they have seafood and meat. Is there anything that would fit a "romantic night" definition? Perhaps some live jazz, too...
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 03:15 PM

1. Bleu Provence charming and romantic. Nice wines
2. Campiellos: I've dined there probably 30 times and never had pasta once.
4. Cafe Lurcat: fifth avenue. is it too chic for romance. I really can't answer this.
LMF
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Made reservations in Cafe Lurcat for Friday night. Bar downstairs has club music so we might burn some calories after dinner(princess loves to dance). Saturday night is reserved for Zoey - their menu looks fantastic, and there is live jazz also. Wish I was there three days so we can go to Campiellos.
I have a bottle of Crystal and a jar of black caviar we can open in Ritz, so Lurcat will work no matter what. Cheers!
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 09:54 AM
OO

Do Campiellos for lunch. I thought it was romantic even in broad daylight (patio).
Old Aug 5th, 2005, 02:03 AM

OO I love Campiello also. Lunch with a bellini and their lovely chicken salad with candied walnuts and gorgonzola and carmelized pears always puts me in a great mood.

Happy anniversary kvilia. Hope you will write a small review of Cafe Lurcat. BTW, it has the same owners as Campiello. LMF
Old Aug 6th, 2005, 01:35 PM

Bar Lurcat is very good (hey, LilMsFoodie, I've now been there three times for dinner since we talked). But I don't know that it is particularly "romantic". Campiello remains one of my favorites -- and I don't think I've ever had pasta there either.
I'm not sure what you mean by "romantic" but most of what you mention is far too "noisy" and "trendy" to be what I'd call "romantic", although all are good fun and good food. If it weren't so darned hot, sitting on the beach at LaPlaya would seem to fit the bill. Otherwise the Ritz does have a quiet and elegant "romantic" feeling to it.