Reload this Page >

Romantic B&B within 2hrs N.J.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 02:35 PM
deb

I'm looking for a romantic place to go with my husband forhis birthday. We live in north jesey, somaybe a no more than 2hr drive to go somewhere. Any suggestions? It will be in March.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Pat

I have been researching the same thing on the web. Try the following towns: Spring Lake, Avon-by-the-Sea, Cape May (maybe too far) all in New Jersey. Also New Hope, PA-Lamberville, NJ right across the river from each other. All have many B&Bs. I have been to New Hope and Cape May and both would appear to be what you're looking for. Enjoy!

Old May 11th, 2001, 07:17 PM
bob

Deb-

Avon by the sea has some great b and b's- service and rooms are truly memorable. many are on a few select streets, rows of Victorian pastel colored mansions. The beach is quaint, nostalgic of small town and very near a lovely historic district of flower-laden little cottages. There is a truly great Italian place called Piancone's on Route 71, the main drag, as well as another right on the water. Careful of driving at night, only 15 blocks north is Asbury Park, probably not dangerous, but a bit "iffy" and desolate except for a couple of rock clubs (incl. wehere Bruce got start).

I personally always go to Avon and Bradley Beach (these beaches are contiguous and similar in flavor) because they are simple, American, family oriented and you don't feel like a buff beach dude is gonna nail you with his frisbee. most people kind of look like me- not too bad, but spend most of my time working indoors and haven't tanned since I had freckles. Enjoy!!

Old May 12th, 2001, 09:16 AM
DidYou

Uhhh, Bob, seeing as how Deb and Hubby will be going in March, I hardly think the Jersey shore will be infested with buff frisbee players. Deb, stay away from the beach (for pete's sake it's MARCH, people). Look into Pat's suggestion of New Hope.

Old May 12th, 2001, 11:12 AM
elaine

Deb,

I agree with comments to stay in New Hope/Lambertville area. Your drivetime would not exceed 2 hours. New Hope is located in Bucks County, PA. There are many small towns nearby. Try a search using www.visitbucks.com
You will find a good list of Inns and b&b's. Many are very highly rated.

Old May 12th, 2001, 11:18 AM
jan

Two years ago, "January" I took my husband to a wonderful B&B to celebrate his b-day. We are also in N. jersey (Bergen county)and in less then 2 hours we discovered The Boulder Inn, New Preston Ct. We had a private cottage with a fireplace, the Inn features a wonderful dining room (make reservations it is popular within the Ct. community) there is antiquing in the area - and the Inn is on a beautiful lake.
We share the same birthdate so we alternate the planning- last year we went to The Inn at Montchanin (De)(also w/in 2 hours - we were there the weekend of the Faberge exhibit, again we had a private cottage ( 2 levels) , the restaurant is "Krazy Kats: which was really outstanding - we were within minutes to Winterthur and the beautiful Longwood Gardens - off season, what you are seeing are the hot houses, tropical displays, the orchard rooms - absolutely beautiful and not crowded, and very romantic.