Rockettes leaving NYC?

Search

Rockettes leaving NYC?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockettes leaving NYC?

I heard a rumor that the Rockettes are leaving Radio City Music Hall as of the beginning of November. I went to the website, but couldn't find any answers. I even emailed the contact person with no luck. We have tickets to the Christmas Spectacular and for a backstage tour in mid-November. I can't imagine this could be true, but this person seemed quite certain. Anybody out there heard anything?
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 01:20 AM

I remember hearing last year some credible (printed) news story about Rockettes not doing Christmas show but traveling someplace else - sorry can't remember details or even what year - someone else here is likely to have a better memory than I - or you could do search on Google or some other search engine - I seriously doubt the website would list this - they want to attract people, not scare them away.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 01:52 AM

Took my own advice - Rockettes will be in Boston for Christmas show 2004. (Boston.com and Boston Park Plaza website which is selling packages to see them)
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:21 AM

Like Mamma Mia, the Rockettes are a successful franchise and can be in many cities at one time. Here's a link to their schedule for the Christmas season, including Boston, New York, and several other cities.

http://www.radiocity.com/rc_xs_index.html
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 03:44 AM

Just took that backstage tour in July. I was surprised to learn that they indeed have over 200 members, and are the franchise that Anonymous describes. Perhaps the appearance in different cities led to the rumor, because my impression on the tour was that they're more popular than ever, and definitely not going away anytime soon! Have fun!
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:13 AM

The problem with it coming to Boston, it is a touring group and has displaced the beloved Nutcracker which has been a staple at the Wang for years.The general public is not happy about it..
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 07:05 AM
GoTravel

What happens is that all the rockettes audition for the show at the same time. All are picked at the same time.

Each rockette, based on seniority, gets to pick where she would like to be located for the holiday show.

The girls pick which show in which town.

Old Aug 19th, 2004, 12:22 PM

The Rockettes are moving to Branson, MO. this fall to be the permanant opening act for Mel Tillis. They're also changing there name to the Hee-Haw Review.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 01:22 PM

Wemr - LOL

I saw a billboard in St. louis advertising the Rockettes here this December could not remember if they were here in St. Louis or Branson.
I have never been to Branson - probably will NEVER go either.
I would definetly go to the show if it were at one of the St. Louis venues.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 06:18 PM

There's been a Rockette sighting in Buffalo NY along with the traveling Radio City Christmas Show... forget IROBOT... what can we do to stop IROCKETTE!!!!!