in boston 12/22-/12/25 what to do?

Dec 5th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

in boston 12/22-/12/25 what to do?

Hey folks,
will be in boston from 12/22-12/25.. what are some fun things to do? Plannin on Nutcracker.. anything else theatre, musicals.. places to see.. etc?
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:59 PM

There seems to be a lot of threads about Boston popping up a lot on here lately. ... Believe me, I DO NOT WANT TO BE RUDE. But I think some people might get tired having to write the same things over and over. Do a search on here. You will find quite a few recent threads on Boston.

Then if you have more specific questions, we are here.
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:12 PM
TKT

The theaters are near Chinatown.

Look at Blue Man Group and Sheer Madness

check out bostix.com and
improvasylum.com
Dec 6th, 2005, 01:56 PM

Some other thoughts...

White Christmas, the Irving Berlin musical, will be playing at the Wang theatre.

Enchanted Village (a victorian-themed miniature village) which is a Boston tradition is now housed in the Hynes convention center and would be close to the Pru Center to see Boston's Christmas tree from the people of Nova Scotia.

Eating out on Christmas Eve is a bit tough...I know from experience. Joe's American Bar & Grill on Newbury is open for lunch and Turner Fisheries was two years ago. You may want to try to eat a big meal for lunch and do something more casual (pizza, etc.) for dinner.

Enjoy.
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

thanks all for the replies. I had looked at boston.com and there were like 768 events to go through. Sorry for the re-post WnG, but I had searched the forums and didnt see any xmas eve kinda events. didn't know if there were any boston traditions to not miss. saw on the boston.com that some shows got done before the final week. thx tkt and ccrosner for the tips. merry xmas.
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:40 AM

Saw the Nutcracker this weekend - it was great as usual. Are the Pops still playing - another great Boston tradition. Check out ice skating at the Frog Pond on Boston Common - a new tradition. Stroll through Beacon Hill and Charles St. very pretty.

Try having tea at the Ritz - the 4 Seasons does tea as well but when I called a few weeks ago I was told they were completely booked for the entire month.

The Enchanted Village is sweet. Very nostalgic for those of us who grew up waiting in line at Jordan Marsh to see the display. Might be lost on visitors but it was magical once upon a time.