Rockettes at Radio City

Search

Rockettes at Radio City

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockettes at Radio City

I am going to be in NYC for the week of Thanksgiving. I have tickets for Lion King, Hairspray and Gypsy. I am wondering if it is worth the effort and the expense of getting tickets to the Rockettes performance. I looked at the seating chart and it looks like if you don't sit in the first few rows you can't really see that well. Anyone been to the show, please advise. Thanks.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 11:04 AM

I won't comment on the effort/value aspect, but the show is designed to be seen from afar IMO. First few rows are NOT good. To appreciate the precision, sit up in the mezzanine.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 11:08 AM

We got last minute tickets a few years back and sat in the 4th row and actually wished we were a little further back. I do highly recommend seeing the show-definately puts you in the holiday spirit.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 11:27 AM

Just so you know -- the Rockettes are only about a 10th of the Christmas show -- if that. The Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall is just that -- spectacular. Don't miss it if you have the chance. I normally like being very close to things, but I agree -- at least 10 rows back is better. Frankly I wouldn't enjoy it from the middle or further back of the mezzanine or balcony -- just too far for me to really see well.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 12:09 PM

Sat way up in the balcony and enjoyed the show. Would not have wanted to be really close.
Old Sep 6th, 2003, 02:27 AM

I've seen the show twice and loved it but the second time we sat way on the left and kind of close so the effect of seeing the wisemen appear out of thin air didn't work, we could see the curtain. My husband had to be dragged to the show and NYC but he was thrilled with the staging and special effects. Having been on the back stage tour, I learned they had a stupendous elevator system. My husband also loved the building. He was dazzled by the whole thing.