Rochester hotel near ferry

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be staying in Rochester overnight to catch the ferry to Toronto the next morning. Can anyone tell me if there is lodging near the ferry? A clean reasonably priced hotel is fine since it's just for a few hours of sleep.
Old Aug 29th, 2005, 01:00 PM

This is pretty lame, but I can't think of any hotels that are really close to the ferry. There are a lot of hotels clustered around the intersection of Rt 104 and Rt 390 in the Town of Greece (zip code is 14615). I really think that is the closest you are going to get. Go to tripadvisor.com and do a search on Rochester hotels. Then look at the zip codes of the ones that come up. If I get any better ideas I'll write back. Have fun! The ferry is great!
Old Aug 29th, 2005, 06:10 PM

The above poster is correct ... There's not much in the way of hotel accomodations right around the ferry area in Charlotte. The closest I can think of is where the Rt.390 expressway and Rt. 104 (W. Ridge Rd) meet in Greece, there is a Marriott (585-225-6880). Probably less expensive (but a somewhat "drab" location) will be the Holiday Inn Express (585-342-0430)in Irondequoit, on N. Goodman at Route 104 expressway. This may suite what you're looking for, if only a place to sleep. There's an IHOP right next to it so you can get breakfast in the morning.

With either one, you just take Route 104 to Lake Ave, and then go north on Lake Ave into Charlotte and the ferry terminal ... only 15 minutes from either hotel.

If you're coming from the north eastern area, there's a Fairfield Inn on Route 104 expressway exit at the Hard Road in Webster. Again, the next morning just get on the Rt. 104 expressway going east and take it to Lake Ave in the morning ... probably an additional 10 minutes or so from the Holiday Inn Express location.

Where will you be driving into Rochester from?
Old Aug 29th, 2005, 06:18 PM

Actually, as I think about it, if you're just looking for a clean, reasonable place to sleep, I would go with the Holiday Inn Express ... it will actually be a quicker drive to the ferry from there than the Marriott, since Route 104 at that point is expressway. (The expressway part of Route 104 actually ends at Lake Ave. So coming from the Marriott in the morning, you would be traveling on W.Ridge Road/Route 104, which will take a bit longer).
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 04:37 AM

I agree with the above, except I thought the zip was 14626?
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 04:41 AM

Ouch!! That Holiday Inn Express in Irondequoit is right near my in-laws' house! Actually, it's quite new and it does have an IHOP attached. But skip the Irondequoit mall. Most stores are closed and it has become very seedy.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 05:17 AM

You're right about the Irondequoit Mall ... I was being generous when I described that area as "drab". However, if one is truly just looking for a place to sleep, the Holiday Inn Express is relatively new and it's literally right off the Rt 104 expressway exit at Goodman; IHOP right there for breakfast; then get back on the 104 expressway and head to the ferry in the morning ... probably the most convenient and economical option.

If one wants to stay somewhere where there's a few more restaurants/stores in the area if you have time the evening before, I'd go with the Fairfield Inn or Marriott, depending on the direction you're coming from.
Old Aug 30th, 2005, 11:50 AM

Topping for Patty
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. They gave me a better idea of exactly the area I should be staying in. I'll be coming from the east, Syracuse area if that makes any difference. I also found an ESA with a good rate in Greece. Is that in the same area?
Old Sep 3rd, 2005, 09:14 AM

If that is the Extended Stay, yes, that is the same area.