Rochester Hotel- Mayo Clinic Visit

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be taking my mother to Mayo Clinic on May 17th for a stay anywhere from 5 - 8 days. I would like to have a hotel - suite maybe. I am interested in having a refrigerator and microwave in the room because of her current medical condition. Anyone have any recommendations? I see most of the hotels in Rochester cater to the Mayo Clinic patients. Thanks for your help!
Old May 8th, 2009, 10:31 PM

We have been to Mayo several times for treatment and have stayed at the Radisson Plaza in both a suite and a Plaza Club level room and both were great. We especially loved the Club level as we got breakfast in the a.m. and treats throughout the day. We have also stayed at the Marriott but not in a suite so don't know about the suites, however, we did get a refrigerator when I asked for one as I needed to store some meds. We also stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott when we had to be near St Mary's Hospital and it had a fridge and microwave. Some of their rooms are smaller but they do have some that are slightly larger. It was totally fine. We found all had very accommodating help and all our stays were good. There is also the Kahler Grand and the Kahler Inn & Suites which are very close to the Clinic, but I have not stayed at them. All the other hotels have shuttles which will get you to the Clinic or the hospitals. I hope your stay goes well.
Old May 9th, 2009, 02:55 AM

The Kahler group is directly connected to the Mayo Clinic. http://www.kahler.com/
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:01 AM

Be sure to ask for medical rates or go throught the hospitals patients travel assistance office for better rates, you usually need your medical id #.

We stayed in Marriott Courtyard, just across from St Mary's. They had free shuttle to Mayo. Room had a kitchenette with refridgerator, microwave and dishes etc.

161 13th Ave. SW
Rochester, Minnesota 55902 USA
Phone: 1-507-536-0040
Fax: 1-507-536-0050
Toll-free: 1-800-504-1035

Good luck,
Deb
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the help!