Ritz-Carlton in Naples?

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 04:45 AM
Tom

Ritz-Carlton in Naples?

Has anyone stayed at the Ritz in Naples? If so would you recommend to two 30 somethings for New Years Eve? We also considered the Ritz in Amelia Island but thought it would be too cold at the end of December. Help!

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 04:55 AM
elaine

Tom

My husband and I have stayed at both properties in early December. My preference is the Ritz/Amelia Island. This is subjective, as in my opinion, this property is less 'stuffy' with a great young staff. However, Ritz/Naples is really lovely, too. I doubt you could go wrong staying at either.

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 05:32 AM
Audrey

I stayed at the Ritz/Naples in December, 1999, and cannot say enough about the quality of the entire operation (after all, it did win the Baldridge Award 3 times, 2 years in row). They know how to treat their guests; I would go back in a heartbeat; in fact, we did go back just for lunch at their casual beach restaurant in March...

Old Aug 11th, 2000, 08:15 AM
CMcDaniel

Both hotels are beautiful properties and I agree with the poster who felt Amelia was less "stuffy". If warmth and beach weather is important though, I wouldn't consider Amelia for the end of December. Temps around Amelia could easily be in the 60's whereas 70's are more likely in Naples.

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 06:10 PM
Jerald

For Dec. Naples has it hands down, You might check out The Registry, which I think is just as nice & maybe less stuffy as the others wrote, but I always thought thats what most rich folks enjoyed. Just a joke son.